New Star Wars Series Coming to Disney in 2021

Started by Labbug, July 13, 2020, 01:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Anything Dave Filoni does I'm down with. 

I like the idea of seeing how the Clones transitioned into the Empire and got replaced by Stormtroopers. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

Nice...looks good.

I started watching Clone Wars, but its dragging in the first season. I have heard it improves so I'll stick with it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

Clone Wars didn't truly pick up until Season 3.  It started more as a kids show.  Once Lucas began to take an active day to day role in its production it got more serious, that happens during season 2.  Dave Filoni learned a lot from that relationship and it shows in the later seasons. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

I liked the Clone Wars well enough when it was on Netflix, I never finished it though. It had it's moments. I hope the new one will be even better.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

SirAndrewD

You should finish it Slash. 

The last season is great and that's where the Bad Batch gets introduced.   The first few episodes are pretty much a backdoor pilot. 

It's also got a lot of great Darth Maul moments.   I think one of the most impressive feats was what they did with his character in the series.  I was so against him being brought back from the "dead" when it was announced.   I deeply hate that trope, especially with a character that got cut right in half.  But, they did it so well that it went from something that deeply infuriated me to one of my favorite storylines of modern Star Wars.

That and Sam Witwer absolutely owned the voice acting for Maul.  Great talent.

Jarhead0331

So, if I'm near the end of season 1, but interested in getting to the good stuff, where is the best place to skip to that won't have me totally lost?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

I wouldn't skip anything.  Even the stuff in season one that's a bit slow and kid oriented has significance later.  Season two's first chunk is a tad slow but it kicks it up by episode 5.  The show is actually surprisingly coherent, even though they were on a more episodic concept in season 1.  Every season after the first has a theme and several running threads that continue all the way to the end.

The thing they fundamentally change is their attempts to insert the more light kid friendly stuff.   They also very heavily alter Ashoka's personality as they realized they were going in a very wrong direction early on.  There's a reason why she went from the most hated character in the show to the most beloved.

You don't have long to go.  Once the 2nd Battle of Geonosis kicks off you realize they're upping their game.

Sir Slash

That's about as far as I got to where Maul came back or was heavily hinted it was him. After they took it off Netflix, I stopped watching it. I could do a couple of episodes a night cause they were only 30 min. long, is that right? But it didn't interest me enough to watch it all the time.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.