Sneaky Release of Nobunaga's Ambition

Started by Jarhead0331, August 27, 2014, 06:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chemkid

Quote from: jomni on April 18, 2016, 12:38:38 AM
...SNIP!...
Who wants a full blown AAR so that we can see this to the end?
please do! really like to read up on this, thanks in advance!  O0

cheers!

Jarhead0331

So what's the better game, Jomni? This, or sengoku Jidai?  :coolsmiley:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jomni

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 18, 2016, 06:44:17 AM

Totally different.

Anguille

sandman2575

Quote from: chemkid on April 18, 2016, 03:25:29 AM
Quote from: jomni on April 18, 2016, 12:38:38 AM
...SNIP!...
Who wants a full blown AAR so that we can see this to the end?
please do! really like to read up on this, thanks in advance!  O0

cheers!

+1  --  a Nobunaga's Ambition AAR would be most welcome.

JasonPratt

AAR! AAR! Does whatever an AAR does!  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

I'm always interested in seeing snapshots of grand strategy campaigns.

Been waffling about which grand strategy campaign I want to start up, or continue, next. 

Between CK2, Nobunaga's Ambition, TW Attila/Rome2/Shogun2, M2TW, Endless Legend, Alea Jacta Est and Age Of Wonders 3, the indecision has me. 

I'd also have EU4 on there but since a new expansion and feature update just came out, that thing will be a bit of a mess for awhile until patched & tweaked.  Seeing some extra complaints about new "features" (aka punishment) in it, so no hurry.

Gusington

You want to play Shogun 2 since Sengoku Jidai is not out yet.

But going old school and playing the M2TW Teutonic Campaign sounds pretty satisfying right now.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jomni

Slitherine asked me to do an AAR of Sengoku Jidai Campaign.
Nobunaga will be put in hold.

Boggit

Quote from: jomni on April 19, 2016, 08:32:12 PM
Slitherine asked me to do an AAR of Sengoku Jidai Campaign.
Nobunaga will be put in hold.
I am looking forward to it. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on April 19, 2016, 06:44:19 PM
You want to play Shogun 2 since Sengoku Jidai is not out yet.

But going old school and playing the M2TW Teutonic Campaign sounds pretty satisfying right now.

So scattered, I began an M2TW Stainless Steel campaign as Norman Sicily.

Also began another new TWS2 campaign as Mori, but it has been so long since I enjoyed M2 with the Stainless Steel mod, that may be going on hold. 

Which also makes me want to see how far I can get in a new CK2 campaign.  Despite how utterly indecisive I am in actually picking which noble I want to play.  I often click around the map looking for the ideal one for a long stretch, then don't have enough time to get deep into it!   :idiot2: 

Perhaps I should just stick with the same for both and choose the (in)famous Roger in the 1066 scenario..

W8taminute

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 18, 2016, 06:44:17 AM

Depends on what you're looking for as these two titles are quite different from each other.  The former is more of an empire management game with some hands on battle participation whilst the latter seems to me to be a series of scripted battles connected to each other where the player has lots of hands on tactical control over units but not managing an empire.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

mikeck

Quote from: Nefaro on May 18, 2015, 12:29:28 PM
Console only?

Shamefur Dispray!  :(

I read it that its Sony consoles, AND steam (for PC)
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

Quote from: mikeck on June 10, 2016, 08:23:44 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 18, 2015, 12:29:28 PM
Console only?

Shamefur Dispray!  :(

I read it that its Sony consoles, AND steam (for PC)

Maybe so... but will the Steam PC version actually be in English?

IIRC, they've released some stuff on there, in the past, which was only in Japanese.

mikeck

Edit: post fail
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson