2017 Baseball Thread

Started by Bison, February 07, 2017, 03:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 07, 2017, 11:52:27 AM
Quote from: mirth on June 07, 2017, 11:50:10 AM
Quote from: Bison on June 07, 2017, 11:26:54 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 07, 2017, 11:13:26 AM
http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/80211/what-makes-the-astros-so-good-its-a-team-without-a-weakness

The Astros are playing freaking awesome right now.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy how good they are.

aren't you the guy who hates baseball?!

I hate watching it. Reading about it is kinda fun. And living in Red Sox country, it's almost impossible not to know something about what's happening in the MLB.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Quote from: mirth on June 07, 2017, 11:55:54 AM
http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/80211/what-makes-the-astros-so-good-its-a-team-without-a-weakness

I hate watching it. Reading about it is kinda fun. And living in Red Sox country, it's almost impossible not to know something about what's happening in the MLB.

Ftfy.  Everyone knows Red Sox fans are the dumbest in MLB.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on June 07, 2017, 11:59:36 AM
Quote from: mirth on June 07, 2017, 11:55:54 AM

Ftfy.  Everyone knows Red Sox fans are the dumbest in MLB.

Fortunately, I am not a Red Sox fan. Though I often pretend to be so as not to get beaten up.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

The Royals took the season series over the Astros last evening.

mirth

So pretty much the high water mark of the season for KC.

mirth

Though that entire division is kinda crappy.

Bison

Quote from: mirth on June 08, 2017, 07:57:30 AM
So pretty much the high water mark of the season for KC.

Nah.  They are only 4.5 games back in a bad division.  I can see them actually making a run like they did in 2014 to take the division title.

Bison

Royals have been on a tear since the Houston series and hopefully get to .500 tonight.

bayonetbrant

Yeah, they beat up the Astros pretty good.  I think Houston's winning pct even dropped below .650 for a few days there.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Ugh...ugly game tonight. 

bayonetbrant

The Charleston River Dogs got in some hot water for mocking Tim Tebow at a recent Sally League game.  While some of it was clearly over-the-line (like the John 3:16 eyeblack on the mascot), the fact that they labeled everyone else on the Fireflies as "Not Tim Tebow" when they came up to bat was pretty damned funny

https://twitter.com/ChasRiverDogs/status/875859360135688192

Bison

The hitter thing is pretty funny. 

Bison

What a comeback against the Jays in the 9th and the Royals are now .500!