Main Menu

2017 Baseball Thread

Started by Bison, February 07, 2017, 03:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

That is life at its most awesome.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Quote from: mirth on April 13, 2017, 07:51:28 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on April 13, 2017, 07:44:46 PM
That is life at its most awesome.

You need a better life.

How so?  That girl had a dream come true.  What part of that isn't awesome?

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

MetalDog

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

bayonetbrant

https://theringer.com/2017-mlb-one-stat-that-explains-april-for-all-30-teams-203cf68580c4

The One Stat That Explains Every MLB Team's April

QuoteThe Royals are hitting .210 as a team.
Kansas City ranks last in almost every offensive category — the Royals have scored fewer runs all season than the Nationals have in the past week — but barely edging over the Mendoza line as a team is perhaps the most embarrassing offense. I wrote last month about 2017 being a make-or-break season for the Royals; at this point, they're positioned for a July fire sale.

Bison

The KC hitting has been horrendous this season and the bullpen was gutted in the off season.  Fortunately we are on track to win the series again in 28 years.

mirth

Red Sox wish they could play the Twins everyday.

Bison

Damn is Houston knocking the shit out of the ball.  17 freaking runs tonight.  Unbelievable.

MetalDog

I ended up with Altuve AND Correa in the GH league this year.  Super happy with both picks :)

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Bison on May 31, 2017, 10:19:02 PM
Damn is Houston knocking the shit out of the ball.  17 freaking runs tonight.  Unbelievable.

the scored over 50 runs in Minnesota on this trip

Bison

I saw that after I looked up their last few games.  Crazy offensive streak.  Hopefully they enter a drought when they visit Kauffman Stadium next week.