Bulge Itch.

Started by bob48, June 29, 2013, 04:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

I've been reading s few books on the Ardennes offensive and its given me the urge to get something on the games table.

Unfortunately, I sold off my old SPI copy of WaR a long time ago - its a good game but at 4 maps takes up more room than I have. I also missed buying GMT's 'Ardennes '44' and its out of print again, and nowhere can I find a copy, even a used one.

There are a few other games such as 'Bitter Woods' which Compass Games are re-doing, and 'The Gamers' had a nice game in the Standard Combat Series which, again, seems to be long out of print.

I'm really looking at Brigade/Division scale games, so if anyone can suggest any titles that are still in print, I'd be greatful.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Steelgrave

After reading the title of this thread, let me express my profound relief that you are talking about a war game........

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Staggerwing

Too much quality time in the Lingerie Channel?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 29, 2013, 04:56:26 PM
Too much quality time in the Lingerie Channel?

No such thing as 'too much time' in there. You been out in the sun without your hat on again?

'Clip those corners'

Staggerwing

'Tis possible but I just had a cold beer and I'm feeling better.  ;)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GJK

I have a punched and lightly played copy of Ardennes '44 (first edition) that I may be willing to part with.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

bob48

Quote from: GJK on June 29, 2013, 10:05:48 PM
I have a punched and lightly played copy of Ardennes '44 (first edition) that I may be willing to part with.

Thanks GJK, although to be honest, I was really after a second addition, but may still be interested. One problem may be the cost of shipping though.

'Clip those corners'