Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Started by airboy, December 28, 2015, 07:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Totally unexpected, my wife gave me Pathfinder Adventure Card Game base set for Christmas.

How good (or bad) is this?  Is it worth the time to decipher the rules?

Bison

Oh yes!  Awesome gift.  Which base set did she get for you?

bayonetbrant

someone give us more details!  I keep talking myself out of this one...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Quote from: Bison on December 28, 2015, 07:53:46 PM

Wrath of the Righteous.

Nefaro

Quote from: airboy on December 29, 2015, 11:35:57 AM
Quote from: Bison on December 28, 2015, 07:53:46 PM

Wrath of the Righteous.

Is that the newer one?  I don't recall the name of the original core set, I have it stashed somewhere.

Was enjoyable solitaire.  The healthy dose of rpg-like dice rolling was nice.  The biggest complaint I hear about multi-player co-op is that there isn't much mechanical interaction available for you during other players' turns.  I think the Blessing cards are the only ones you can spend to support a buddy's die roll test.  Otherwise each person is kinda doing their own thing.

Bison

Airboy did you ever get this to the table for a gameplay session?

airboy

Quote from: Bison on March 26, 2016, 10:54:02 AM
Airboy did you ever get this to the table for a gameplay session?

Unfortunately, not yet.  Spring semester is always horrible.  I also had a major consulting project which threw me further behind.  This summer, this summer.