Chaosium - Great Guys!

Started by airboy, August 28, 2016, 12:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I bought quite a bit of Call of Cthulhu stuff from Chaosium a couple of months ago.  One purchase was a rather expensive .pdf of the 7th edition rules.

Chaosium has just gotten in a print run of the 7th edition rules and they sent me a $35 gift card!! 

I was just stunned when I got this.

Nefaro

Nice!  O0

Seems like many of them just continue to charge you nearly full price for the PDF when you order a printed copy at the same time.   :-\

gameleaper

Double Deuce

Good deal! I don't have any of their newer stuff but I noticed they have both RuneQuest 1 and 2 available in .pdf. Think I still have my original copy of RQ1 around here somewhere. Seems they licensed/sold RuneQuest 6 to another company and its been renamed Mythras.

Nefaro

Quote from: Double Deuce on August 28, 2016, 01:35:43 AM
Good deal! I don't have any of their newer stuff but I noticed they have both RuneQuest 1 and 2 available in .pdf. Think I still have my original copy of RQ1 around here somewhere. Seems they licensed/sold RuneQuest 6 to another company and its been renamed Mythras.

I grabbed the huge Runequest 6 hardback while it was available, along with a couple of the settings books.  Which says something, because I don't normally go for d100 systems these days.  It still had some interesting goodies, despite the writers making it sound more complicated than it is (and the tables - oh my!).

Chaosium has been offering a softback version of Runequest, with some typical fantasy content.  Reportedly more clearly written, and utilizing their BRP stuff from Runequest and Elric.   Called Magic World

I read that they are going to get the rights to the RQ name back, and make yet another one, so I'm not sure if that one will continue or be folded up into the next RQ.