Gloomhaven

Started by acctingman, December 05, 2017, 01:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Back in print and currently $133.25 US on Amazon.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on June 20, 2018, 05:32:29 AM

That seems cheap. 

Probably ought to buy 2 copies and hold 'til it's back out of print and then sell again for $400 each
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 20, 2018, 06:17:34 AM
Quote from: bbmike on June 20, 2018, 05:32:29 AM

That seems cheap. 

Probably ought to buy 2 copies and hold 'til it's back out of print and then sell again for $400 each

I guarantee some people will do that and sell for higher.  Seen it before with some others.

Designer game speculation is a thing, albeit a pretty small one.

jamus34

I'm tempted to buy this for absolutely no good reason.

Would like to get into a gaming group but haven't found much around. 
Insert witty comment here.

bbmike

And....it's already gone. Should have listened to Brant and made a buck or two. It's now listed as available from 'Other Sellers' at around $160US.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on June 20, 2018, 09:24:34 AM
Should have listened to Brant

"I'll take Things My Wife Never Says for $400 please, Alex"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Silent Disapproval Robot

CSI still has it in stock. $139.99.  I found it too fiddly for my tastes when I tried it.  I prefer Descent.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Meeplemart in Canada has it in stock for $132.95 CDN which is about $100 USD.

http://www.meeplemart.com/store/p/66997-Gloomhaven.aspx

bbmike

Yes, but as an almost true wargamer I'm not certain I can bring myself to order from something called Meeplemart.  :hide:
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on June 20, 2018, 02:33:29 PM
Yes, but as an almost true wargamer I'm not certain I can bring myself to order from something called Meeplemart.  :hide:

this  O0
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yeah, not the best name but they're actually one of the best places north of the border for minis stuff and wargames. 

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 20, 2018, 11:19:38 AM
CSI still has it in stock. $139.99.  I found it too fiddly for my tastes when I tried it.  I prefer Descent.

It does look like too much to deal with for me.  For how enticing the game mechanics appear to me, which I'm rather apathetic about.  Seeing the tactical gameplay just didn't spark my interest.  Not with so many other games out there these days.

bayonetbrant

acctingman

The game is a PIA to set up and break down. Seriously thinking about dumping mine for those reasons (and it takes up a lot of table space)

BanzaiCat

I'd love a copy of this, but as I've still not bothered to learn Sword & Sorcery, I can't justify it.