2015 Grogheads Fantasy Baseball League

Started by Bison, March 06, 2015, 10:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marty Ward

The top 4 get in. It is going to be a race as there are 5 of us in the mix.
Now is not the time to only get 19.2 innings pitched!
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

bayonetbrant

yeah, I think I'm too far out to make up the lack of Cabrera and Holliday.  Grrrrr....
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Marty Ward

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 25, 2015, 09:50:46 AM
yeah, I think I'm too far out to make up the lack of Cabrera and Holliday.  Grrrrr....

Yeah I think you are right.

Counting this week there are 3 weeks to play before the playoffs, 30 possible wins max. Any one of the top five could finish 1st or 5th and just 9.5 wins separate them. It just depends on how hot you get these last three weeks.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

undercovergeek

bayonetbrant

grrrrrrr....  I was up 7-2 going into Sunday on the Heebies Jeebies, and looking at the lineups yesterday morning, and the fact that none of my starters were pitching, and my most reliable closer was on paternity leave, I was figuring I'd end up 5-5, and guess what the fuck happened. 

I'm that team fans love to hate - close enough to make it interesting, and still can't seal the deal.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

undercovergeek

i either lose 9-1 or 5-4 with an occasional lucky win - it has not been my best season  :(

bayonetbrant

it would be nice to be able to smack-talk Bison over my come-from-behind victory this week, if we weren't both barely alive in the consolation bracket

::)

Marty Ward

Playoff time! I have a feeling my pitching is going to kill me. Should be good match ups as we are all extremely close in records.

Bison

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 14, 2015, 06:12:53 AM
it would be nice to be able to smack-talk Bison over my come-from-behind victory this week, if we weren't both barely alive in the consolation bracket

::)

I just assumed my team's horrid play automatically eliminated them from any short of complete disbanding.

undercovergeek

id rather forget about this years tournament

Marty Ward

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 14, 2015, 10:03:41 AM
id rather forget about this years tournament

You did a hell of a lot better than I would have done on a sport played in the UK. Just dealing with the time zones is a big problem plus not getting a lot of coverage.

I'd say I was amazed you beat Bison in the season series but then I'd be lying :)

undercovergeek

ive learnt my lessons this time, and some advice from your goodself and MD - im all ready for next year

Marty Ward

If we had played just total numbers per category the standings would be (out of 100):

Vengeance: 72.5
Slammers: 69.5
Place Holders: 62
Hot Lead: 61.5
Jeebies: 60
Papi: 55.5
Shotgun: 52.5
Bison: 49
Crumpets: 38.5
Ligers: 29

The Place Holders had a good team but the minimum innings gave away a lot of points. PV was the best pitching with 43.5 and Shotgun coming in second with 42.5. Best hitting team was Jeebies with 40 and Papi second with 33.

edit for math error, sorry PV.

Marty Ward

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 14, 2015, 02:59:45 PM
ive learnt my lessons this time, and some advice from your goodself and MD - im all ready for next year

You had a decent team but pitching (plus bad timing) got you, which is not unusual in this type of league.

KyzBP

Quote from: Marty Ward on September 14, 2015, 03:13:47 PM
If we had played just total numbers per category the standings would be (out of 100):

Vengeance: 72.5
Slammers: 69.5
Place Holders: 62
Hot Lead: 61.5
Jeebies: 60
Papi: 55.5
Shotgun: 52.5
Bison: 49
Crumpets: 38.5
Ligers: 29

The Place Holders had a good team but the minimum innings gave away a lot of points. PV was the best pitching with 43.5 and Shotgun coming in second with 42.5. Best hitting team was Jeebies with 40 and Papi second with 33.

edit for math error, sorry PV.

It figures just as my team starts to hit it's stride.  I hope to spoil someones playoff hopes. O0