Main Menu

Field of Glory II

Started by Anguille, June 13, 2017, 04:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

So many great sounding options here, including a Mithrdates campaign. I think this has become a day one purchase for me.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Hmmmm....I might need this when it goes all medieval and stuff.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

DennisS

I will be completely retiring in about 10 months. I can see now how I will spend a significant portion of it!

Zulu1966

I must say - this looks excellent. Day One purchase.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

DennisS

I just spent about an hour scouring every bit of information on Field of Glory 2, from the Slitherine website.

Let's just go ahead and change the name of this site from Grognards, to Field of Glory 2. There. I said it. I don't mean it, but I have a Jones for this game like very few others in my memory.

Boggit

Quote from: DennisS on August 13, 2017, 10:30:14 AM
I will be completely retiring in about 10 months. I can see now how I will spend a significant portion of it!
Don't kid yourself. You'll be wondering how the hell you fitted stuff in while you were working as other stuff replaces it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson%27s_law
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Toonces

What's so thrilling about this game, Dennis?

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

DennisS

Quote from: Boggit on August 13, 2017, 09:05:31 PM
Quote from: DennisS on August 13, 2017, 10:30:14 AM
Don't kid yourself. You'll be wondering how the hell you fitted stuff in while you were working as other stuff replaces it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson%27s_law

I saw "Parkinsons" and I thought you were taking a shot on my age! :uglystupid2:

I have an enormous number of hobbies...SQUIRREL!!!

Seriously, I have 250 Steam games, and I plan on play each and every one until I get 2 hours played per each dollar spent. Yes..I have some AAA titles that will get some love.

Sir Slash

I had the same intentions when I retired but now I got to s-q-u-e-e-z-e in time to play dammit. I think you shouldn't tell anybody you're retired for about a year. Maybe then you can get to that gaming backlog.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

CJReich46

Quote from: jomni on August 12, 2017, 03:40:37 AM
Game modes
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=78643

Sweet. I like the campaign mode and the sandbox that is in Pike and Shot. So this is definitely a buy for me.

Armies look interesting too. I'm guessing there will be either army DLC to add later eras?
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Toonces

You can't spell Field of Clory without DLC...

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

DennisS

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus