Main Menu

Field of Glory II

Started by Anguille, June 13, 2017, 04:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Destraex on August 15, 2017, 09:17:37 AM
If this was WEGO....

I gotta feeling if it had WEGO, you'd have a different issue with it, Dest.   :))

Boggit

Quote from: DennisS on August 14, 2017, 12:15:25 PM
Quote from: Boggit on August 13, 2017, 09:05:31 PM
Quote from: DennisS on August 13, 2017, 10:30:14 AM
I will be completely retiring in about 10 months. I can see now how I will spend a significant portion of it!
Don't kid yourself. You'll be wondering how the hell you fitted stuff in while you were working as other stuff replaces it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson%27s_law

I saw "Parkinsons" and I thought you were taking a shot on my age! :uglystupid2:
:DD
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 14, 2017, 02:48:19 PM
I had the same intentions when I retired but now I got to s-q-u-e-e-z-e in time to play dammit. I think you shouldn't tell anybody you're retired for about a year. Maybe then you can get to that gaming backlog.
@DennisS

I warned ya! ;D
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

DennisS

Quote from: Boggit on August 15, 2017, 07:13:50 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on August 14, 2017, 02:48:19 PM
I had the same intentions when I retired but now I got to s-q-u-e-e-z-e in time to play dammit. I think you shouldn't tell anybody you're retired for about a year. Maybe then you can get to that gaming backlog.
@DennisS

I warned ya! ;D

I have hobbies out the backside..including a 3000 point Warhammer Orc army of metal and plastic miniatures that I have already painted flat black. No color yet, but that is a BIG project. Easily 200 minis...and easily a couple of hours of painting each.

So many things to do. The missus and I will likely travel at least one week per month, or more. Good stuff!

Sir Slash

There's a narrow window of time between when you retire and when you get too old to enjoy it. Make the most of it while you can. I'd travel more but I have to schedule trips around doctor's appointments.  #:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

DennisS

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 16, 2017, 04:17:04 PM
There's a narrow window of time between when you retire and when you get too old to enjoy it. Make the most of it while you can. I'd travel more but I have to schedule trips around doctor's appointments.  #:-)

I had a long talk with my financial planner. The missus and I have been in "squirrel" mode for years. We will be virtually debt free, and with monthly income more than double our projected expenses. He told us much the same as you...travel into my early '70's, then sit by the fireplace with a blanket and some brandy for the next 15 years, and watch the pile grow...with a laptop to play the latest turn-based strategy games!

Gusington

Can you send me the number of your financial planner? I like his style.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I actually got nothing to complain about. My retirement check covers all my bills with a little left over as long as I don't get crazy with spending. And the wife covers the rest. I've also got a nice 'nest egg' squirreled away earning interest and cash in the bank if I need it. Oddly enough, I've gotten more raises since I retired than I ever did while working.  :idiot2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Boggit

Quote from: Gusington on August 17, 2017, 08:02:07 PM
:DD

Toonces

Quote from: Gusington on August 17, 2017, 08:02:07 PM

+1.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

DennisS

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 17, 2017, 09:54:30 PM
I actually got nothing to complain about. My retirement check covers all my bills with a little left over as long as I don't get crazy with spending. And the wife covers the rest. I've also got a nice 'nest egg' squirreled away earning interest and cash in the bank if I need it. Oddly enough, I've gotten more raises since I retired than I ever did while working.  :idiot2:

Life is a series of choices...and the missus and I, over 40 years ago, decided I would go career military, and she would get out of the military and become a teacher. Our game plan has remain essentially unchanged since 1976. We are very blessed, to be sure. That, and the missus will frequently drop a steam card on my desk, for no reason. Not as good as her spaghetti, but not bad!

Gusington

Can you send me the number of your Missus? I like her style.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

DennisS

Quote from: Gusington on August 18, 2017, 07:40:36 PM
Can you send me the number of your Missus? I like her style.

Heh heh...she was a guild officer in our WoW guild, and has two toons at level 110. She is a gamer too! Makes like a lot easier for me, and she understands when I get a game "woody".

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Does she have a sister? With spaghetti?  :dreamer: