Thirty Seconds in the Weeds with Doug (CM:RT)

Started by Cyrano, December 25, 2014, 11:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano

It's a poor video, and it doesn't quite get at what I had in mind, but I wanted to share this one as it goes a long way towards explaining my love of digital squad-level combat over paper.

Doug and I were towards the end of a grim little firefight over a river-crossing during the opening portion of Bagration.  My fellows (Wehrmacht) were looking to find the fastest route home and his servants of the USSR were more inclined, one suspects, just to keep us moving than to actually do us harm.

That said, for an hour, the Heer turned and fought.  One Stug III in particular had taken out three T-34s.  Now it was looking for one that was reported to have pinned down infantry squads guarding the bridge over the river.

The T-34 showed up, erm, unexpectedly...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hNEnqt0ClQ&feature=youtu.be

Doug tells me the tank is crewed by the radio operator and some senior resident of Kharkov last seen selling pencils on the town square.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

panzerde

What a game this was! Absolutely vicious to-the-knife fighting right down to the final turn. In this case I knew that StuG was out there but couldn't get LOS to it. Creeping up on him through the woods was the only way to get him into a place where I could fire on him.

There was a lot of dead armor around that river crossing by the time we were done!
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

JasonPratt

Now with 100% more embedding for convenience!  O:-)

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Cyrano

Oooh...thankies!

FWIW, I killed that tank within about 10 seconds of the start of the next turn.  Within about 15 seconds thereafter, another T-34 sideshot and killed the Stug.

Woumd up a Tactical Axis Victory.  Great fight.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806