Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parone

yeah, manikins aren't that deadly.  but what makes em tough is high hp.  stuff that'll clear skeletons has to hit 2 or 3 times to kill a manikin.  and when you multiply that by, oh, 2000, it can be a real nightmare.

then you have all the songs/buffs that actually make manikins viable combatants.

believe me, C'tisian strategists have spent many sleepless nights staring across the ocean.

Yskonyn

It's weird that Llama shows the scores.
Perhaps its due to the f*ckup it had a few days ago? I don't think they were supposed to get shown and I had appreciated a question first if it was ok to post them before you did.

No biggie as everyone could have clicked the link, but regarding the above it is now damn clear how everyone stands. :(
So much for holding up appearances as Caelum I guess. :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

parone

yeah.  I prefer no graph games.  it allows bluffing, but also leaves of sense of 'out there in the world':  ie, you don't know what everyone is doing.

Phobos

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Excellent.  That means I can put mine off a bit longer.

parone

looks like Nef is gonna stale again.  delay if you see this Ysk

Yskonyn

I wasn't around, sorry. Did you stale, Nef?

Nefaro

Yeah, missed the last one.  Forgot all about it.   I check to see when the next turn is due, sometimes, but find that I may not have enough time to sit down and go through the turn thoroughly enough in one shot so I put it off.

These turns are getting brutally long to do.  I can see why people complain about all the micro-management involved in playing Pangaea.  It's a mess.  This one just took me an 1.5 hours to finish.

I'm happy there will be some improvements to help lessen the workload every turn, in Dom4.

Yskonyn

Well Gents, why not kill off this game?
Interest has waned and turns get tediously large .

Shall we move on to Dom 4? What say ye?

parone

hmm.  I thought I might actually win my first game...

but if folks are tired of this game, I won't hold you to it.  as Ysk says, dom4 is now imminent.

if this is the end of the line, I tip my hat to phobos.  he has put up an excellent fight while being outnumbered and out manned.

Yskonyn

Hats off to Phobos, the one true Lord!

(Game has been declared finished on Llama and will not be visible anymore).

Thanks for playing guys. I had some serious fun and I am looking forward to swing the scepter again when Dom 4 hits!

Haerdalas

Its over? Well, it was fun while I was here, though i kinda wanted my massive army to go out in a blaze of glory first...

Yskonyn

Yeah I am sorry, Haer.
Thanks for subbing, though! The pacing of the game grinded to a halt and I think people have moved on / lost interest.

undercovergeek

anything to be learnt from the 2 games now that just ground to a halt?