Introducing TASK FORCE ADMIRAL Vol.1: American Carrier Battles

Started by The_Admiral, October 11, 2019, 12:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOS:96B2P

Very interesting video.  I'm looking forward to this.

Strela

Great commentary by Magz.

Glad to see he is following as is Tim over at the Flare Path.

David

rocketman

That was an impressive video. I haven't been this hyped for a game in a very long time  :smitten:
I just might have to get that great monitor I've wanted a long time when this hits the shelves.

The_Admiral

Hi guys!

The last update was kind of a Johnny-come-lately, but at least Johnny found some goodies on the way here  :coolsmiley:
I haven't made it public just yet - so you're most welcome to have a look and tell me if everything seems to work fine in there!

https://drydockdreams.games/2020/05/31/a-new-dawn

Great thanks  :))

rocketman

Great read, downloaded the wall-papers. The text underneath some images is a bit wonky, but no biggie.

The_Admiral

Thanks R-Man
I got rid of the captions, they got crazy with the latest updates to wordpress. I integrated all this to the text proper, should be fine now on all browsers.

Cheers!

The_Admiral

Experimenting with AI vs AI combat, basic ballistics, basic armor & damage models...  :arr:
That Zero died, but it died for a cause!  :notworthy: 

Time to teach them Wildcats the good old Thach Weave now! :peace:

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JasonPratt

...my brain is having trouble parsing the rollout order of those Doolittle Raiders in that stack after the Hornet's castle. The one on the left is behind the left wing of the one on the right; and the one on the right looks totally blocked by the superstructure, even from wheeling left in front of the other plane.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

The_Admiral

Ah, the raiders sure were quite a tight fit. Although they were in a much more loosened configuration for most of the trip (partly because they didn't want to arise suspicion, partly because, well, it certainly was easier to service and arm the planes that way). What's funny in the end is that they didn't need the whole length of the deck to take off - or if they needed it, they just didn't get to enjoy it much, considering the less cooperative swells did deprive some of the unluckiest planes of a good chunk of potential real estate.

The_Admiral

And... Payback time!

(well, more or less - this rugged structure and them self-sealing tanks are just enough sometimes...)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Strela

Quote from: Gusington on June 13, 2020, 11:40:24 AM
Nice, he got away!

I'm not so certain, the hits walked across the cockpit multiple times.

I hope there is a replay function, watching the action reel after the fact will be amazing!!

The_Admiral

Aye, I would expect him to be pretty much toast.
Pilots & other plane modules will be simulated - with a hail of fire of that kind, it's pretty sure the pilot / the Zed Baker / the instrument panel / the radio and other modules of varying importance are all in pieces. I would expect it to go on much further (although if you are to believe Saburo Sakai & Pub Southerland about their day over Guadalcanal, the lady sure could be a tough customer...!)

https://pacificwrecks.com/aircraft/f4f/5192.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pug_Southerland

Destraex

Admiral with your references to the Destroyer game I posted being more like an interactive adventure. What would you term your game?
I have started reading a midway novel recommended by the fighter pilot podcast and am a little more pumped for your game. But I got the feeling that it would be a little stale to play, like an interactive movie. I'd love to know where you think the tense moments will be and what the replay-ability will be of your game? Will their be the ability to move carriers from other theatres or build more? Will pilot rosters be like cricket captain or something similar? Will the actual aircraft engagements be play be play with the player controlling every aspect with perfect knowledge of where and when every unit is on his\her side?
I really have to read the last 10 pages of your blog here and really get into the news on your game.
Are we going to be doing planning from a map or briefing room?
Did you say it was single player only ? Can you not do some sort of real time WEGO for multiplayer turns like combat mission does. Heck download the combat mission demo and see what I mean.

I hope the world is not dry and lifeless. Those carrier decks have to be full of life and people running around?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"