Main Menu

Bards Tale 1-3

Started by RedArgo, August 06, 2018, 04:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Its tempting.....just to see what its like...we'll see:)

Gusington

Anything I say about 'imagination' and all that hit home??

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

sandman2575

Quote from: Gusington on August 17, 2018, 05:37:52 PM
I can't vouch for 2 or 3 because I never played it.

Another great thing about the series - each one improved on its predecessor.  BT 3 > 2 > 1.   Each is deeper than the last. Not to mention darker.

All I'll say about BT 3 Thief of Fate:  your Chronomancer mage allows you to travel in time - including to locales like Berlin 1945 on the eve of Hitler's defeat.   It's. Awesome.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

sandman2575

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on August 17, 2018, 05:37:52 PM
The Bard's Tale is one of the first RPGs I played. I was barely a teenager...12 or 13. The writing is excellent and evocative. If you like using your imagination even partially while gaming you will like the first one. I can't vouch for 2 or 3 because I never played it.

Sounds like you are older than me, btw...I was too young to actually play Pong in the 70s :)

I'm pretty sure I was younger than that though not by much. I missed the first two bards tales but have fond memories of 3 and Wasteland.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

The original Wasteland blew me away on my C64 :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on August 17, 2018, 06:25:42 PM
The original Wasteland blew me away on my C64 :)

Yup - Younger me didn't realize there was a finite number of energy packs available.

I also didn't quite understand the three legged "woman of the night" and why she would only take 1 party member...Yeah I was young.

Also URABUTLN
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Bought the darn thing...better be good or Gus owes me money:)

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd