Main Menu

It lives!

Started by Centurion40, December 18, 2019, 01:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centurion40

Hello Fellows. Just popping by to say that I'm still alive!
Any time is a good time for pie.

airboy

Quote from: Centurion40 on December 18, 2019, 01:09:10 PM

Wonderful.  Hope to hear from you more often and Eat More Pie!

Gusington

Damn 40 - you really know how to scare the crap out of people.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

besilarius

Glad to hear it.  Welcome back.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Jarhead0331

Woooowhooooo! Party at 40's place!

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Staggerwing

Great to see you back 40!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

I got my X-Mas wish early, 40's back.  :clap:   Still haven't got my wish from last year, to be a Victoria's Secret model. WAIT.... that's was supposed to be, 'with a Victoria's Secret model'.  #:-)   Anyway, good to have you back Bro.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Centurion40

Quote from: airboy on December 18, 2019, 01:44:34 PM
Quote from: Centurion40 on December 18, 2019, 01:09:10 PM

Wonderful.  Hope to hear from you more often and Eat More Pie!

Might have give up the pie for a while. I'm currently in hospital recovering from a heart attack. Work has been stressful, but not as stressful as going home to discover what our 15 year-old wannabe thug has been up to. So far in 2019 he's had multiple suspensions from school and has been arrested multiple times. He's looted cars, stolen a car, burgled a local business and mugged 2 twelve year old girls for their vapes and cell phones... along with other stuff. Sunday night my wife and I were expressing or frustration with his behaviour and he held a knife to my throat. The heart attack kicked in while we were waiting for the police.

Now he's in a youth detention facility and I'm in a hospital. The good news here is that this event will provoke many changes in my life leading to a healthier and happier future!

I'm feeling fine, a bit weak, but fine.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Ubercat

I don't know your family history, Centurion, but I'm a big believer in nature over nurture. The best parents can have the worst kids, and vice versa. Your story seems to bear that out. I'm sorry.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Gusington

Wow 40...I don't know what to say.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

besilarius

I'm very sorry to hear this.  Things go bad.  Your friends are always here to support you both.  Don't worry about sharing.  Life goes off the rails in many ways.

Hope your wife is okay after this double whammy.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Anguille

Good luck...i wish you all the best and hope you're son will come back to the right track asap. Nothing worse then seeing your children taking the wrong road....

airboy

This is horrible news.  I hope you have a full recovery. 

We share a love of pie - the intent of my earlier comment.

I'm saddened to hear about your son. 

Sir Slash

Glad to hear you are doing better Centurion and very sorry to hear about your son. That's too bad. But maybe there's still time for him to turn around and straighten-up. But your priority HAS to be the safety of you and your wife. Do what you need to do to make sure that happens otherwise there'll be nobody to pull your son back from the brink of his self-destruction.

Here where I live we have a very successful local, privately run camp for teen boys that teaches them self reliance and to work-out their problems along with others in the group. They have an 80% success rate at getting boys back into the family setting without further trouble. But the boys HAVE TO agree to go to the camp themselves, they sign a contract and that'll only come when they hit rock bottom usually. If they survive that long, there is a workable option.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Maybe the heart attack will help him get help and straighten out his life. But you've got to protect your logistic base (so to speak) in order to have a strong point to reach out to him from.

Glad you're back and not much worse for the experience than weak!  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!