John Tiller Games Sale...?

Started by Rayfer, December 15, 2019, 05:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Just saw a Facebook post that John Tiller games are 25% off until 12/31/19...any size order.  Haven't checked it out yet to verify it's fact. (lots of false postings on Facebook)

Tripoli

I don't think it is true.  I just purchased Wolfpack yesterday, for no discount.  I just checked, and it is still listed at full price at the JT store
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Rayfer

Quote from: Tripoli on December 15, 2019, 05:15:59 PM
I don't think it is true.  I just purchased Wolfpack yesterday, for no discount.  I just checked, and it is still listed at full price at the JT store

Probably 'fake news'...nothing on their home page and the two links on the Facebook post time out to nothing.  It sounded to good to be true.

MC

Quote from: Tripoli on December 15, 2019, 05:15:59 PM

Just went out to their website and that sale doesn't exist. However, there are a few specials going on. Check the "News" section for info. I ignore Facebook as it is a waste of time for anybody outside of my circle of friends.

Grim.Reaper

I very much think is true...saw this posted on other site.  I tried it on a test game and worked fine.  When paying by paypal, don't choose the pay paypal option on the first cart screen.  Instead choose option to Proceed to Checkout and you'll still have the option to pay by Paypal or credit card but you need to go there to see discount.

All, linked below you will find a discount link to the JTS Store. This is being created specifically to recognize the On-line community and the guys who keep it active. This can be shared in other On-line clubs as well, and I'll share it in the few I have access to. I'm not sending it out in a mass mailing...

It will give you a 25% discount on any sized order from our store. It can only be used once per customer and it expires on 12/31/2019.

https://john-tiller-software.myshopify.com/discount/On-line

You can also simply enter the discount code   On-line   at check out and the discount will be taken.

Enjoy, and thanks for your activity in the On-line community. Hope everyone has a good holiday season.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 15, 2019, 05:41:43 PM
I very much think is true...saw this posted on other site.  I tried it on a test game and worked fine. 

I confirm it. I just bought two items, Midway and Shenandoah for a 25% discount using the code. Go for it gentlemen!
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Rayfer

Quote from: ArizonaTank on December 15, 2019, 08:07:31 PM
I very much think is true...saw this posted on other site.  I tried it on a test game and worked fine. 

I confirm it. I just bought two items, Midway and Shenandoah for a 25% discount using the code. Go for it gentlemen!

Strange that it's not prominently displayed on the home or store web pages...or it's there and I just don't see it? 

Grim.Reaper

i found it over at the blitz forums

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Rayfer on December 15, 2019, 09:20:22 PM

Strange that it's not prominently displayed on the home or store web pages...or it's there and I just don't see it?

You get the feeling they were trying to keep this low key. Not as much of a formal sale as a discount offered to what is probably the core consumers of JTS games.

I'm good with that. Picked up Midway at long last.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

solops

Anyone have on opinion on their Jutland game?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

HoodedHorseJoe

Quote from: DoctorQuest on December 15, 2019, 10:38:22 PM

You get the feeling they were trying to keep this low key. Not as much of a formal sale as a discount offered to what is probably the core consumers of JTS games.

"Nice secret sale you have there. Would be a shame if a prominent war games website decided to... cover it."
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Grim.Reaper

Would be interested in Shenandoah thoughts.....I know probably very much the same as other Civil War titles but thought I read somewhere the battles were smaller and much more manageable than moving a ton of counters around.  More up my alley if true:)

rahamy

This is correct...not my intent to necessarily block others from it, but to give something to the guys who consistently support us over the years. With that said, if someone sees it, they can take advantage of it...

And then maybe consider digging further into the on-line community that exists for the Tiller games... http://www.johntillersoftware.com/Resources.php

Enjoy!
Wargame Design Studio
Operations Manager
https://wargameds.com/

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: rahamy on December 16, 2019, 06:02:31 AM

This is correct...not my intent to necessarily block others from it, but to give something to the guys who consistently support us over the years. With that said, if someone sees it, they can take advantage of it...

And then maybe consider digging further into the on-line community that exists for the Tiller games... http://www.johntillersoftware.com/Resources.php

Enjoy!

No need to explain...just glad that you have offered a sale through the holidays, truly appreciated!

Rayfer

I've wanted to buy a Panzer Battles title (there are 4)...which one has the lowest unit counter density with smaller battle scenarios?