Please Read - Important Changes at Grogheads

Started by Jarhead0331, September 07, 2018, 02:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

To all our friends, readers and forum members:

Its hard to believe more than six years have passed since Grogheads was founded. During that time, we've stayed in touch with old friends while also making many new acquaintances.  The site, our community and our brand has thrived and we are really proud of what we have accomplished. Of course, most of our success is due to you, our members, who have loyally stuck with us through the good and the bad, and who have populated our forums with so many wonderful topics and discussions covering the full spectrum of our wargaming passion.

It has been an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience for each of us. However, over the years, some of our goals, hopes and expectations have changed, and as a result, the owners of Grogheads have mutually decided to begin a new chapter for our website and forum. The most significant change is that Bayonetbrant will be leaving Grogheads as an owner and as its managing member. As you all know, Brant is the "face" of Grogheads, and was responsible for managing much of our content, organizing our events and generally making Grogheads a place where all wargamers want to spend their free time talking about the hobby. Brant's departure is a great loss to us and I think it is safe to say that he will never be replaced. We, of course, expect that he will remain an active member of our community and a close friend to us all. The wargaming world wouldn't be the same without Brant in it, so I'm sure he will be continuing his activities elsewhere so he can focus on his primary obsession with board and tabletop gaming. I have no doubt Brant will let us know his plans as soon as he is ready.

So how will Grogheads change? The short answer is we hope it doesn't. While Brant's involvement is winding down, Gusington and I will do our best to keep content rolling on the mystical front page, but please be patient while we learn this fine art that was honed by Brant over the years. Our mod team in the forums will remain the same. All the guys on our team whom you all know and love will still be here with you. Most importantly, the forums will continue to be the internet's number one source for all your wargaming and strategy information and discussion.

With all that off our chests, thank you for supporting us over the years and we look forward to all that is still to come.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

DoctorQuest

:( :( :(

Good luck to Brant in all his future endeavors! You will be missed.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Sir Slash

I feel like I'm losing my best friend/older brother/loving grandfather/respected co-worker/really hot ex.  :'(   Good luck Brant wherever you go and thank you for 6 great years.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Hatricvs

Nooooooooooooooo!!!

I'll miss his dulcet tones on the Grogcast...it'll change my listening experience big time!

Good luck to all and keep up the good work all.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

W8taminute

I believe I can speak for all of us when I say we love you guys and keep up the good work.  You have our support, always.  Brant good luck on your new adventure where ever that may take you.  Thank you for your years of service. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Thanks W8.

'Wing, we know what all of you look like.

Right now.

:coolsmiley:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Gusington on September 07, 2018, 05:53:13 PM
^Is that you? You've changed.

That was taken just after I shaved my back. You should have seen it before.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Good Riddance!

Just kidding.  Best of luck to Brant.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!