I am Maximus Decimus Meridius, General of the Armies of the FRIDAY

Started by JasonPratt, September 14, 2018, 09:32:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Hey Nelmsm, which AJE scenario are you playing? I love that game. Not sure what I'm playing, depends on the time available. Stay out of that flood water Meng, I hear there's lots of Cottonmouths up your way.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

nelmsm

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 14, 2018, 09:48:26 PM
Hey Nelmsm, which AJE scenario are you playing? I love that game. Not sure what I'm playing, depends on the time available. Stay out of that flood water Meng, I hear there's lots of Cottonmouths up your way.

I started with the first one with Marius and Sulla.  Playing as Sulla.

Sir Slash

That's a tough one. Probably my favorite so far is the Ceasar vs Pompey one, very much like a theater-wide conflict. Do you have the DLC's from the earlier period? Some of them are excellent too but usually smaller. One day I'm going to get around to finishing the First Punic War.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

What is it about the game you like so much? I don't have it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: MengJiao on September 14, 2018, 09:54:49 AM
   Some work on sandbag barriers (Florence will be more or less at my farm on Monday) and maybe some Rise of the Republic and possibly some Post Scriptum.

Stay safe man.  I'm in Asheville if some Grog needs a place to shelter over.

After two weeks of working, I'm unsure of what, if anything, I'll be playing.  Probably keeping it simple with WoT or WoWs.

Really need workspace to deal with wrenching on the truck - a nice, dry garage would be awesome - as both rear wheels are spitting out brake fluid.  Ah, the joys of old machinery.

JasonPratt

Quote from: mikeck on September 15, 2018, 11:05:06 AM
I'm confused...is this the "Friday thread"?

Yep. I'm making final preps this weekend to start the Grogpublic forum game, so I mentioned that along the way, but it's the Friday thread.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tuna

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 15, 2018, 02:01:35 PM
Quote from: mikeck on September 15, 2018, 11:05:06 AM
I'm confused...is this the "Friday thread"?

Yep. I'm making final preps this weekend to start the Grogpublic forum game, so I mentioned that along the way, but it's the Friday thread.

Are you sure? You're confusing Mikeck!!!
Just finished my Iceni Rome II campaign.. not sure if I should try a mod now or go back to Attila. Will probably do some Endless Space 2, and some Dustwind (if my friend pops up online).

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

yeah.. that was a tough one, you had to take like 80 provinces and I had like 6 or 7 civil wars break out!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Congrats on the win Tuna. Sounds like you 'iced-ceni' the competition.  :bd:

JasonPratt

Indeed, Tuna was the general of the armies of the Friday! ...um, yesterday! (And maybe today! I don't understand time when I'm sleepy.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

I've been playing Fallout 3 the www.gog.com version.

It has been very stable.  I've only had one crash to desktop in 25 hours of play.  That is a lot more stable than the game was out of the box.