Download and Playtest - post feedback here

Started by bayonetbrant, February 28, 2012, 01:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

I'll give the game a try after I get some more ink for the printer. Then you can have the insights of a terrible
gamer as a counterpoint to all the grogs.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

OK, so clearly there's a lot of rules cleanup to happen :)

I'll get to work on it soon-ish (have a proposal for work I should be doing now instead of trolling boards) and will try to post the updated file by this weekend.

Thanks everyone :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Sample Turn 1

Roll Dice
White = 2, Red = 4, Blue = 1, Green = 4
Double 4 means Random Event on Even table.
Roll = 10 = No Fountain then lose 1 Citizen! ACK!

Assign dice
All workers keep their die.

Move/Actions
Farmer moves to Ormkirk and plants 2 crops. Cost 1 food to move so -1 to Hunter game collection.

Builder uses 4 to build a Mill. Cost 1 food for 1 die, so -1 to Farmer crop collection.

Trader moves to Tollerham and starts to build Trade Route. Cost 1 food for move and 1 for action, so -2 to Farmer crops collection.

Hunter moves to Paddenham and collects 4 game +2 bonus from space. Cost 1 food for move and 1 for action so -2 to Farmer crop collection.

Oops! Forgot to pay for Farmer's action so -1 to Frarmer crop collection.

Is that the right idea?

bayonetbrant

yes, that's the right idea.

I'm also going to try to get the updates to the rules worked in this weekend if I can.  Wife's birthday is this weekend, plus multiple soccer events for Bayonet Jr, so I'm expecting to be pretty busy.

note: sorry I missed this the other day.  somehow it didn't pop up when I hit the "show unread messages" link.  weird.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

anyone else get a chance to sling some dice over this one?

I'm dying for feedback over here, people!   8)

bayonetbrant

updated!

-------

See what you guys think with some of the newer instructions
Also, page 4 is an in-progress cheat sheet to guide you through page 1.

Give it a whirl and tell me what you think :)

bayonetbrant

Hey y'all - since this was last updated a LONG while ago, I never saw any more feedback.  I'd like to get one more round of checking it out from y'all before I release it into the wild, though the BayonetGames site and also through BGG.

Anyone want to take it for another test drive to shake out the latest bugs?

THANKS! :D

bayonetbrant

cast: Thread Necro

effect: thread bumped to top

Anyone want to take this for another test drive?  I'm looking to actually, officially throw it into BGG and see what people say over there.