carrier battles kickstarter for pc

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 01, 2018, 03:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Dude

RedArgo

I had to e-mail the dev, but I got my Steam key today.  Looking forward to trying it out after I find the main Fantasy General 2 campaign.

The_Admiral

It's coming out, at last! This Friday, no less.

After a long beta phase - so you can bet it's pretty stable and debugged by now  O0

Link to the Steam Page:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1163340/Carrier_Battles_4_Guadalcanal/

Cheers!

GroggyGrognard

^ It's on my wishlist. Looking forward to this one and something my old PC rig can handle.

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

rocketman

I have been quite involved in the beta testing and must say that it is looking really good. It definitely fills a niche in the wargaming world. On its surface (no pun intended) it might look like a basic hex and counter game, but the tactical intricacies, fog of war and damage simulations under the hood makes it something with far more depth (again no pun intended). I wasn't into Carrier battle games until I tried this on iOS but it got me hooked.

Vintage Dude

I have only played it a little bit, but so far I agree with you.

airboy

Quote from: RedArgo on April 21, 2020, 04:04:42 PM
I had to e-mail the dev, but I got my Steam key today.  Looking forward to trying it out after I find the main Fantasy General 2 campaign.

Is this the same game as the AAR you did?

Toonces

Pretty stoked on this, especially since Carrier Strike has stopped scratching my itch.  Carrier Strike has some limitations that have sort of run me into a non-play status.

I'm sure Carrier Battles will be a purchase.  Friday?  Maybe...
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

RedArgo

airboy

Anguille

The_Admiral

If some of you are interested in Cyril's game, just FYI... We're organizing a lucky draw for the members of the TFA community  :arr:

Just click there and follow the instructions - you never know, you might get lucky  :coolsmiley:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1281220/announcements/detail/2244428724283307050

Cheers!

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Alas, I was not one of the lucky winners :(  (Apparently the Admiral can not be bribed with a few measly euros. :tickedoff:) 

Release is in a couple hours.  Saw this quote from one of the devs about price.

Quote from: AvalonDigital;2245553353027850727Normalement 24.99€  / Normal Price is $29.99

There will be an interesting Release Discount during the first week though

Normal release day/week discounts are ~10% off.  I wonder how much an "interesting" discount will be?
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

The_Admiral

Awwww too bad :(
My apologies Steve :(

Regarding the discount, I am pretty sure they mean the aforementioned 10% affair.

Cheers!