What are we reading?

Started by Martok, March 05, 2012, 01:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Quote from: OJsDad on May 21, 2017, 12:15:22 PM
Just finished 1634.  Somewhere in that series, there a great idea, but it's just a hot mess. The writing in 1634 is just awful.

So much wanted to like the series too. At times it's really working, at (most) other times it's not. 
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Gusington

Just started Ancestral Machines by Michael Cobley.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Just finished, "Between Giants-- The Battle for the Baltics in WWII" by Prit Buttar. Another great book by this guy with lots of up to date facts and figures about this narrow slice of the Eastern Front.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on May 21, 2017, 08:00:19 AM
Just finished Kenobi and I'm about to start Ken Follett's Fall of Giants.

What'd you think of Kenobi?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Slash I've had Between Giants in my Amazon basket forever.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on May 23, 2017, 10:18:28 AM

I actually liked Kenobi.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on May 23, 2017, 10:23:22 AM
Quote from: mirth on May 23, 2017, 10:18:28 AM

I actually liked Kenobi.  O0

Me too, though I haven't finished it yet.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Next up is Prit Buttar's earlier book, "Battleground Prussia".
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^Also on my list. I wish I could read faster.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I could read faster if I quit playing games. But then....  I really wish I could read AND play games at the same time. And eat chicken wings.  O0

bob48

Never read with your mouth full?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

^If I could do that while holding a female bewb I would never leave the house.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bob48

Not even to get a fresh one?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

Have to think about that.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Gus if you want my copy of "Between Giants", just PM me your address and I'll mail it to you. I'm done with it after all.