Main Menu

I demand a favicon!

Started by Huw the Poo, November 28, 2012, 02:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Yeah, but I don't think we ever got the favicon to work, did we?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 01, 2016, 06:09:20 AM
Yeah, but I don't think we ever got the favicon to work, did we?

I  can see it on the front end of the site - http://grogheads.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/favicon-1.ico

It shows up in the browser tab. Not in the bookmarks though. These things can be a PITA to get to display properly.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

+1

I see it on the <start encryption>home page</end encryption>. Don't see it on the forums.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: LongBlade on March 01, 2016, 12:42:03 PM
+1

I see it on the <start encryption>home page</end encryption>. Don't see it on the forums.

WE HAVE A HOME PAGE?!?!  WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

I did a little research on this and the favicon on the front end is working correctly - http://grogheads.com. If you are not seeing it in your bookmarks, you may have to delete the bookmark and then re-bookmark the site.

There is no favicon for the forums that I am aware of (didn't see anything in the page source). The forums and the rest of the site are two completely different platforms. I have no idea what the forum software allows for favicons.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Huw the Poo

That's OK, I think I've just found a favicon customiser addon for Firefox, so I'll grab one of bbmike's and use it for the forum. :)

Windigo

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 01, 2016, 03:24:07 PM
That's OK, I think I've just found a favicon customiser addon for Firefox, so I'll grab one of bbmike's and use it for the forum. :)
share!!!!!!!
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Huw the Poo

Here you go.

It's a little idiosyncratic but it works fine.  There's a gallery of stock images to use as favicons.  If you want to use a custom icon, you have to click the addon's icon in the Firefox menu, then "open user images folder in profile", then dump your custom icons in there.  Then after restarting Firefox you can again click the addon's icon and select "set bookmarks favicon images" followed by the bookmark you want to edit, then finally select your image.

bbmike's favicons are in this thread.

Windigo

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 01, 2016, 05:47:55 PM
Here you go.

It's a little idiosyncratic but it works fine.  There's a gallery of stock images to use as favicons.  If you want to use a custom icon, you have to click the addon's icon in the Firefox menu, then "open user images folder in profile", then dump your custom icons in there.  Then after restarting Firefox you can again click the addon's icon and select "set bookmarks favicon images" followed by the bookmark you want to edit, then finally select your image.

bbmike's favicons are in this thread.

excellent... thankyou
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.