Whats on your painting table/workbench?

Started by TheCommandTent, July 08, 2012, 09:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

TheCommandTent

This week I was able to finish the five figures below.  They are 1/72 German figures from Italeri.  The picture isn't the best and it is made worse by the fact that the figures frosted a bit after I sprayed on the matte sealer.  Needless to say I was not happy about that.  They do the job when you are playing with them at arms length on the table, just don't look to closely.  :(

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

DV8

Excellent work.  They look great from here.  Sorry about the frosting.  That really chaps my @ss when that happens.

Are these for Bolt Action?
"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox

Bison

TheCommandTent

Quote from: DV8 on September 30, 2012, 02:46:34 PM
Excellent work.  They look great from here.  Sorry about the frosting.  That really chaps my @ss when that happens.

Are these for Bolt Action?

Thanks. Yes, they are a start for my Bolt Action forces.

Quote from: Bison on September 30, 2012, 02:52:36 PM
Those look great.

Thanks Bison.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bob48

I really like the way you've based them - that is an aspect which is often overlooked and can spoil what would otherwise be good figures, but yours look great. Nice job indeed.

Now I'm looking forwards to some Bolt Action AAR's  ;)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

TheCommandTent

Quote from: bob48 on September 30, 2012, 03:14:05 PM
I really like the way you've based them - that is an aspect which is often overlooked and can spoil what would otherwise be good figures, but yours look great. Nice job indeed.

Now I'm looking forwards to some Bolt Action AAR's  ;)

Thanks.  The best part of the way I based them was it was incredibly easy.

LongBlade

Great work, Tent. I wish you'd quit posting this 1/72 stuff. I'm gonna get hooked if I'm not diligent.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: LongBlade on September 30, 2012, 06:19:35 PM
Great work, Tent. I wish you'd quit posting this 1/72 stuff. I'm gonna get hooked if I'm not diligent.

Just a little payback for you being able to game during the day at your LGS.   8)  And the best part is the plastic stuff in 1/72 is so cheap compared to other scales. ;D

DV8

Diligence shattered.

http://www.warlordgames.com/26923/pre-order-bolt-action-assault-on-normandy/?utm_source=Warlord%20Ga

Sorry LB, really.  :P

TheCommandTent

Quote from: DV8 on October 01, 2012, 05:30:56 PM

Diligence shattered.

http://www.warlordgames.com/26923/pre-order-bolt-action-assault-on-normandy/?utm_source=Warlord%20Ga

Sorry LB, really.  :P

Wow that is one heck of a package deal.  It is in 28mm however.  Also those are multi-part figures that you have to assemble.  While that might be nice for getting different poses they can be very fiddly.

DV8

Quote from: LongBlade on September 26, 2012, 04:43:54 PM
Quote from: DV8 on September 26, 2012, 12:00:31 PM
Do you all realize whatever LB shows you I will be looking down the wrong side of the barrel at?  It's almost like getting a preview of your death.  :P

Ha! Considering how many Krauts you've chewed up I really don't feel particularly sorry for you.

I must be a sucker for punishment.  I found where your darn Jagdpanther are playable in FoW.  They are in the Earth & Steal book which is basically the sister book to Turning Tide (D-Day).

LongBlade

Quote from: DV8 on October 06, 2012, 05:16:04 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on September 26, 2012, 04:43:54 PM
Quote from: DV8 on September 26, 2012, 12:00:31 PM
Do you all realize whatever LB shows you I will be looking down the wrong side of the barrel at?  It's almost like getting a preview of your death.  :P

Ha! Considering how many Krauts you've chewed up I really don't feel particularly sorry for you.

I must be a sucker for punishment.  I found where your darn Jagdpanther are playable in FoW.  They are in the Earth & Steal book which is basically the sister book to Turning Tide (D-Day).

Doom on you!

DV8

LB,

Don't feel bad for me.  I'm currently assembling my Gvardeyskiy Tankovy Batalon.  No more wimpy Shermans!

LongBlade

That is not a bad list.

Those ISUs are bad news. 110 points a piece? Sheesh.

And some IL-2s on priority call? Clearly I'll be reaching for Wibelwinds.

I can see some real fun developing from a Red Bear/Grey Wolf head-to-head :)