The 2014 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 07, 2014, 10:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Martok

Okay, I originally posted this in the wrong thread: 

Who the hell are these guys masquerading as my Minnesota Vikings??  It's been ages since they've looked this dominant (even if it is only against the Rams).  :o

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

GDS_Starfury

The dolphins beat the patriots.  Bart opened some alternate universe bullshit withhis super collider.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MetalDog

Quote from: Martok on September 07, 2014, 03:40:47 PM
Okay, I originally posted this in the wrong thread: 

Who the hell are these guys masquerading as my Minnesota Vikings??  It's been ages since they've looked this dominant (even if it is only against the Rams).  :o

Then I'll post my reply to your observation in the right thread, too.

Believe me now and listen to me later, you & Bison will like Norv Turner by the end of the year.  It may not translate to record, but it'll be fun to watch.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 07, 2014, 03:47:16 PM
The dolphins beat the patriots.  Bart opened some alternate universe bullshit withhis super collider.
You're not kidding.  I just noticed that the Bills upset the Bears in Chicago!  WTF??!!  :o 

Quote from: MetalDog on September 07, 2014, 03:59:15 PM
Believe me now and listen to me later, you & Bison will like Norv Turner by the end of the year. 
No offense to you (or Norv), but I don't think anything short of reaching the NFC Championship -- at least -- will make me change my mind about him.  I'll try to keep an open mind, though. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

Nothing soothes a loss like watching the Cowboys get pounded.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on September 07, 2014, 04:47:14 PM

You ordered Brokeback Mountain on PPV again?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 07, 2014, 04:51:22 PM
Quote from: mirth on September 07, 2014, 04:47:14 PM

You ordered Brokeback Mountain on PPV again?

Yes, but this time it's starring Tony Homo.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Pretty funny exchange.  Especially if it's against the Cowgirls.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Steelgrave

Cowboys are already in late-season form. And that's not good if you're a Cowboy fan.

Bison

Romo is really starting to make Cowboys fans wistful for the good ol' Gary Hogeboom years season games of days gone by...

Bison

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

BanzaiCat

Figures our #1 pick tears his friggin' meniscus. The Texans just can't get a break from the damn injuries.  >:(

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers