The 2014 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 07, 2014, 10:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

I didn't see a single game yesterday.  Glad to see the Vikings score indicates a crash landing into a field of reality.  Bridgewater will be quarterback by week 8  .  AP just needs to stay sidelined until this whole fiasco is settle by the courts.  I'm tired of celebrities, politicians, and professional athletes being treated as above the law by the "news" media, courts, and public opinion.  Fuck that.  They should be held to a higher standard and equality accountable for their actions to include fines and jail time.

bbmike

Quote from: Steelgrave on September 12, 2014, 06:47:54 PM
...When I was a child and misbehaving, my grandma used to make me go pick a switch and if I came back with one that was deemed too small, Grandma would pick her own. That was never good and I quickly learned the minimum-acceptable switch size for my grandma.

Your grandma and my mother must have read the same book!  ;D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Didn't get to see the Texans-Raiders game but saw the updates on my phone. Didn't know JJ Watt scored a TD until later that night when I finally got home. W00t! But the win was versus the Raiders, though.

At least they didn't blow an 18-point lead or ice their own tying TD pass late in the game with an illegal time out...LOL...

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on September 15, 2014, 05:43:00 AM
...When I was a child and misbehaving, my grandma used to make me go pick a switch and if I came back with one that was deemed too small, Grandma would pick her own. That was never good and I quickly learned the minimum-acceptable switch size for my grandma.

I was spanked as a child, more than once with a yard-stick, but nothing like this:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2014/09/12/minnesota_vikings_running_back_adrian_peterson_reportedly_indicted_for_child.html

And now there's a report that he put leaves in his son's mouth while he was whipping him?! Wtf?!

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Marty Ward

Quote from: bbmike on September 15, 2014, 05:43:00 AM

Guess you didn't live in the city. Old rebar or a lead pipe would have had to take the place of the switch!
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

bayonetbrant

however bad your team is, it's unlikely they're this bad...

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

For all the switchings I got as a kid....Grandma never left marks like that. My initial response was flippant, based on my own experiences and my disdain for how society seems to want to protect our children from every possible scraped knee. I'm appalled at what I'm seeing and hearing regarding AP, moreso because I've been a big fan of his since watching him play at Oklahoma. There are always lines in life and it appears AP crossed this one big time.

mirth

Tom Brady does a weekly interview on WEEI in Boston and gave a total cop out response when asked about AP. Basically it was, "I'm not going to comment because nothing I say will make a difference". Really? How about something as simple as, "As a parent, I don't believe in beating my kids".

I'll see if I can dig up the interview, but I lost a lot of respect for Tom yesterday.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Bison

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 16, 2014, 03:28:19 PM
however bad your team is, it's unlikely they're this bad...

Allow me to respond with...

mirth

Steelgrave

He HAD to find a Romo clip, didn't he?  :P

notthatitwashard........

Bison

The problem with Romo clips truly is just limiting yourself to picking just one Romo moment.

mirth

What's the Vegas line on Goodell getting fired?

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Bison on September 17, 2014, 08:16:56 PM
The problem with Romo clips truly is just limiting yourself to picking just one Romo moment.

kinda makes you wonder how someone with less skill then the typical Grog gets paid that much to fail.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.