The 2014 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 07, 2014, 10:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 28, 2014, 07:50:54 PM
what an odd day of football.

Bears lose at home.
Vikings win with a rookie QB and no Peterson.    :o
last minute loss for the Steelers.
and a crushing win for the Dolphins.

And now the Cowboys are beating up on the Saints.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

I was pulling for NC State, Brant.  I hate hate all the Florida teams, FSU the least, but, I'm tired of Jameis Winston's antics and I was hoping a loss would shame the little fu*ker.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

It figures.  For once, I'm actually up during the day when the Vikes have a late afternoon game, AND they win...but I didn't get to watch the game.  :(  Granted, I was at the Renaissance Festival (and I had a good time), but still... 

Ah well.  Good to see them do well with Teddy at the helm, plus AP finally get a bunch of rushing yards and TD's...wait, what?? 

Okay yeah, this is a strange day.  Not a *bad* day, by any means.  But a strange one.  ??? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Steelgrave

J.J. Watts.  Damn, what can't that kid do? A receiving TD this year and an 80 yard interception return yesterday for a TD...by a defensive lineman. Great attitude and a monster on the field. One of those few players that the opposing team has to rewrite their offensive plans for. No exaggeration to call Watts a Hall of Famer in waiting.

I wish I could draft Watts for my fantasy football team....on offense! He's better than a couple of bench warmers I have already.

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: Steelgrave on September 29, 2014, 06:06:39 AM
J.J. Watts.  Damn, what can't that kid do? A receiving TD this year and an 80 yard interception return yesterday for a TD...by a defensive lineman. Great attitude and a monster on the field. One of those few players that the opposing team has to rewrite their offensive plans for. No exaggeration to call Watts a Hall of Famer in waiting.

I wish I could draft Watts for my fantasy football team....on offense! He's better than a couple of bench warmers I have already.

He came to my base in Afghanistan on a USO tour last year. I didn't talk to him (didn't want to take time away from the young soldiers who the tour was supposed to cheer up a anyway) but just observing him in the mess hall he seemed a really stand-up guy, and the fact that he came to our base which wasn't really all that big (or safe) was cool.

BanzaiCat

Yeah...we're all still kind of blown away down here by Watt. He's a damned good player and very dedicated to his work. Plus he's just an all-around good guy too, at least in the public eye (lol). He's involved in a lot of local stuff and you can't go to an HEB grocery store without seeing his face on some endcap or display...but that's one of the few times where celebrity advertising doesn't annoy the piss out of me. He deserves the raise he got, and I already think NFL players are VASTLY overpaid a-holes in general. Him, I make an exception for.

He was once asked why he doesn't live it up since he's a millionaire now, and a multi- one too. The day after he signed that $100 million contract, he was in the weight room at 4:00 a.m. again working out. His reply was something to the effect of, while he's on the team, he's working 24/7 to be the best he can be. He says he'll have plenty of time to play around after he retires.

OJsDad

The Raiders have fired their coach, four games into the season.

Kansas State also fired their coach. 

Must be hoping to be first in line for good replacements.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

K-State did not.  Kansas did.  K-State still has Bill Snyder rolling strong
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

LOL - I'll tell my wife. She's a K-State alumnus and about the only football she gets good and pissed off about is when she's watching a K-State game. Snyder is a god to those people.

OJsDad

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 30, 2014, 11:17:17 AM
K-State did not.  Kansas did.  K-State still has Bill Snyder rolling strong

Fixed it.  Thanks.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: OJsDad on September 30, 2014, 11:15:42 AM
The Raiders have fired their coach, four games into the season.

getting beat that badly by the Dolphins does that.   :2funny:

Im not a fan of the Dolphins but so far its about as good as one could hope for.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: OJsDad on September 30, 2014, 11:15:42 AMThe Raiders have fired their coach, four games into the season.

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 01, 2014, 12:36:17 AMgetting beat that badly by the Dolphins does that.   :2funny:

Im not a fan of the Dolphins but so far its about as good as one could hope for.

so you know what the Raiders did next?  They hired the Dolphins ex-coach :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

I sounds like Al Davis is still running things in Oakland.

Steelgrave

Tony Sparano.

What the hell are they thinking?  :idiot2:

bayonetbrant

who else do you really think they could have gotten?