The 2014 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 07, 2014, 10:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

Point taken. Although the Gruden rumors are highly entertaining.  >:D

Arctic Blast

I'm fully on board with anything that takes Gruden out of the booth. Please hire him, Oakland! We're all begging you!

mirth

Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 02, 2014, 11:34:44 AM
I'm fully on board with anything that takes Gruden out of the booth. Please hire him, Oakland! We're all begging you!

+50 million
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Praise fat baby Jeebus or Allah Admiral Akbar or whomever, yes. Get Gruden to da field (by choppah or whatevah)!!

MetalDog

All of youse, BACK OFF Chucky!  That's my coach!!  Tampa Bay Buccaneers Super Bowl winning coach!!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

Quote from: MetalDog on October 02, 2014, 10:52:39 PM
All of youse, BACK OFF Chucky!  That's my coach!!  Tampa Bay Buccaneers Super Bowl winning coach!!!

And possibly the worst commentator of all time...unless he's right and every single player for every single team actually is 'The greatest'.  :tickedoff:

MetalDog

Oh!  You want him out of the booth?  Well, then, by all means, put him on the sideline ;)

My all time worst commentator for football was Joe Theisman.  After a while, once I found out he was calling the game, I would just hit Mute.  Problem solved.

There are three more that I just refuse to listen to:

1)  Steve Phillips - ex-GM of the Mets who had a hate hard on for the Yankees.  He doesn't call games any more after he got fired from ESPN for sexual shenanigans with a co-worker.

2)  Danny Kanell - I don't watch tv much, and especially not any college coverage, but he comes on SVP and Russillo often and spews his special brand of SEC bias wherever he goes.

3)  Gene Deckerhoff - Ruined Bucs games for me in the Griese era by calling him, "Greezee."  Can't STAND that!

bayonetbrant

What's funny about Kannell is that he isn't an SEC guy. He played at FSU
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

I don't mind Joe.  I want to reach through my television and grab Bob Douchebag Costas any time I see or hear him.  He's ruined Sunday Night Football, the Olympics, Baseball, and just adds to the NBC insistence of using douchebags to push politics and ruin mind numbing sporting events.  Now I just don't watch any sport on NBC unless the volume is off just to mitigate against the possibility of hearing Bob spewing on about something inane.  It's the Washington Redskins Bob.  You fucking talentless moron.  Thanks guy now you got my blood pressure up.

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 03, 2014, 07:15:52 PM
What's funny about Kannell is that he isn't an SEC guy. He played at FSU

Maybe I wasn't clear about Kanell and his bias.  It's not FOR the SEC, but AGAINST it.  And he doesn't bother trying to hide it.  For the first time in the history of college football, SIX ranked teams from the same conference will play one another on the same day.  Not only the same conference, but the same DIVISION of a conference.  And you can say what you'd like about how they got ranked or whether they all deserve to be ranked (they do, in case you didn't know), it's the system we have and it's HISTORICAL.  But Kanell will find a way to shit all over it and make FSU out to be greater than what happens Saturday.

Bison

Steelgrave

Con

Quote from: Steelgrave on October 04, 2014, 08:07:11 PM
Quote from: Bison on October 04, 2014, 07:47:05 PM
Big day for teams from Mississippi...

Not words that you hear often   8)
Unless you are talking about teenage pregnancies

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers