The 2014 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 07, 2014, 10:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

all that aside....

tomorrow continues the Vikings march to the Superbowl!!!!

for those that needed a good laugh.  8)
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MetalDog

I watched most of the Alabama-Ole Miss game.  There were missed field goals on both sides.  Two from the 'Bama kicker, which would have tied things and put it into overtime.  It seemed like Alabama had the game in hand at 17-10, but, the wheels fell off in the 4th.  A couple of passes behind the defense, one a long touchdown catch, and it was all over.  The fumble by Alabama's kickoff returner sealed the deal.

Didn't watch State and A&M.  After watching Arkansas almost take them out last week, I was none too confident Texas A&M could pull off the win.  Turns out I was right.  Here's to hoping that the SEC West continues to become clearer over the next few weeks and a worthy candidate for the playoff is born.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

I've already said I expect the Vikings to go no better than 4 -12 this season.  Anything more than 4 wins is pure, sweet goodness, pork fat laden gravy.

GDS_Starfury

its not like we're talking about the jets or cowgirls here.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Martok

Quote from: Bison on October 04, 2014, 11:44:32 PM
I've already said I expect the Vikings to go no better than 4 -12 this season.  Anything more than 4 wins is pure, sweet goodness, pork fat laden gravy.
I'm thinking more like 6-10 myself, but yeah we're certainly not going anywhere this season. 

So what do you think?  Will the Vikes grab a RB in next year's draft?  Or will they try to sign/trade for one instead? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Bison

Even if AP comes back they need a good young back, because let's be honest AP has maybe 2 or 3 at the most premium years left and he has a history of injury.

Honestly the offense isn't horrible not like the defense which is an abject disaster.

Arctic Blast

The D will be fine. Zimmer's brilliant on that side of the ball, and they have some good young talent.

Brief return to 'broadcasters we hate' : Joe Buck. The man couldn't be more boring and robotic if he were made of metal. Awful.

Bison

I don't mind Joe Buck at least he doesn't seem to feel the need to be a pontificating on the virtues of political correctness asshat. 

Bison

Bison

The Royals are playing lights out against the Angels...wow!

GDS_Starfury

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Bison

There's no baseball thread and I'm not watching football.  P.S.  I won both of my fantasy football games today.  :P