The 2014 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 07, 2014, 10:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Bison on October 05, 2014, 08:47:15 PM
There's no baseball thread and I'm not watching football.  P.S.  I won both of my fantasy football games today.  :P

so there's not 1 Viking in your roster.  :2funny:
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

BanzaiCat

That Texans-Cowboys game...sigh. What a major disappointment. You can't have a football team hand you that many turnovers and only score 17 friggin' points.

TONY ROMOOOOOO :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

bayonetbrant

I did like how the Texans fans were loud enough that Romo had to go to silent count...  at home
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Marty Ward

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 05, 2014, 08:16:48 PM
wrong sport.

No right sport, at least for yesterday considering the stinker the Ravens put up. Go O's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Martok

^  Could be worse.  At least your team wasn't utterly humiliated like the Jets, Bengals, or my Viqueens.  :-[ 

Quote from: Bison on October 05, 2014, 07:44:11 PM
The Royals are playing lights out against the Angels...wow!
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 05, 2014, 08:16:48 PM
wrong sport.

Quote from: mirth on October 05, 2014, 08:26:50 PM
How many goals are the Royals winning by?
Quote from: Staggerwing on October 05, 2014, 08:39:58 PM
15-Love
Quote from: Con on October 05, 2014, 08:46:31 PM
En garde.
This entire sequence exemplifies why Grogheads is one of the greatest websites ever.  (Cannot...stop...laughing...) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Marty Ward

Quote from: Martok on October 06, 2014, 02:04:51 PM
^  Could be worse.  At least your team wasn't utterly humiliated like the Jets, Bengals, or my Viqueens.  :-[ 

True and we do get the Bucs next week so things are looking up!
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 06, 2014, 08:36:00 AM
I did like how the Texans fans were loud enough that Romo had to go to silent count...  at home

Yeah, saw the stands were full of red and blue. F&ck the Cowboys. Especially in that giant silver cockroach. Romo's yearly reckoning is coming.

Bison

Romo's favorite time of giving defensive players the opportunity to shine is in December.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Martok on October 06, 2014, 02:04:51 PM

rooting for the Viqueens is akin to dating that chick that wont suck your dick because she has TMJ or some bullshit but every Sunday you hope this is the day.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

airboy

Almost unbelievable week in College Football.  10 of the top 25 got beat.  Number 2, 3, 4 and 6 all lost (Oregon, Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas A&M).

This week #2 Auburn plays #3 Mississippi State in an SEC showdown of unbeatens.  If you had asked me at the start of the season if the AU-Miss St. game could be anything like this important I would have to have said no.

Although Auburn dismantled LSU last week, their upcoming schedule still has:
Mississippi St.
Mississippi
Texas A&M
South Carolina
Georgia
Alabama

Hard for me to see how they can win all 6 of these games in the regular season.  With half of the season completed, these 6 opponents have combined for 6 losses with half of the losses coming from South Carolina.

MetalDog

You should beat A&M, Georgia and South Carolina fairly easily.  It's the rest of them that you have to watch out for.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

airboy

Quote from: MetalDog on October 07, 2014, 07:49:42 PM
You should beat A&M, Georgia and South Carolina fairly easily.  It's the rest of them that you have to watch out for.

Auburn will have to show up, and play hard, to win any of them.  If they don't get up for any of these games they are dead meat.

Bison

Great game last night.  The Royals managed a great 10th inning of power
hitting.

GDS_Starfury

That sounds like a great football game!   ::)

Bison