The 2014 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 07, 2014, 10:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

BanzaiCat

Longhorn fans are tolerable. A&M fans are not; they're generally entitled idiots and are as thick as mosquitoes here in southeast Texas.

I say 'generally' because I HAVE met a few individuals from A&M that are decent folk. Let's just say my expectations remain low. Much to my chagrin, my daughter wants to go there. Sigh.

And as far as the Texans go...at least they're not the Jets.

Martok

Sounds like AP may have reached a plea agreement: 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/peterson-reportedly-reaches-plea-deal-in-child-abuse-case/ar-BBcXkUx?ocid=ansspfox11

If this is indeed the case, then the question becomes, will he play for the Vikings again?  And if so, when? 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Arctic Blast

If I'm the Vikings, why do I bring him back? Their running game hasn't been a problem, and he doesn't add enough to be worth the massive PR hit he's bringing with him.

Unless he's suddenly going to become an impact linebacker, receiver, safety or offensive lineman, leave him at home.

Con

Make him trade bate and reverse Herschel Walker your way out of this mess into a raft of draft picks

Con

BanzaiCat

He'll be a Cowboy in no time. Conroe is only about three, 3.5 hours south of Dallas and just a bit north of me.

OJsDad

Latest College Playoff Rankings;

1   Mississippi State   8-0
2   Florida State   8-0
3   Auburn   7-1
4   Oregon   8-1
5   Alabama   7-1
6   TCU   7-1
7   Kansas State   7-1
8   Michigan State   7-1
9   Arizona State   7-1
10   Notre Dame   7-1
11   Ole Miss   7-2
12   Baylor   7-1
13   Nebraska   8-1
14   Ohio State   7-1
15   Oklahoma   6-2
16   LSU   7-2
17   Utah   6-2
18   UCLA   7-2
19   Arizona   6-2
20   Georgia   6-2
21   Clemson   6-2
22   Duke   7-1
23   West Virginia   6-3
24   Georgia Tech   7-2
25   Wisconsin   6-2
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Martok

Quote from: Con on November 04, 2014, 06:15:22 PM
Make him trade bate and reverse Herschel Walker your way out of this mess into a raft of draft picks

Con
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 04, 2014, 07:25:10 PM
He'll be a Cowboy in no time. Conroe is only about three, 3.5 hours south of Dallas and just a bit north of me.
Sad to say, this is starting to sound like way too much sense.  :-\ 

Steelgrave

I think this pretty well sums up the Jets season. Every Jets season, really....

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Martok on November 05, 2014, 03:12:26 PM

Con

Except the whole 'raft of draft picks' thing. At this point, you MIGHT be able to trade him for an actual raft. Maybe.

Steelgrave

Quote from: Arctic Blast on November 06, 2014, 03:43:26 PM
Quote from: Martok on November 05, 2014, 03:12:26 PM

Con

Except the whole 'raft of draft picks' thing. At this point, you MIGHT be able to trade him for an actual raft. Maybe.
I don't see the 'Boys giving much for AP considering how well DeMarco Murray has performed. Of course, Jerry Jones has overpaid in trades before, so I'm not putting money down....

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

Bison

Rex Ryan is an idiot.  He's right up their Norv "Douche Bag" Turner.

MetalDog

Far be it for me to defend anyone associated, past, present, or future, with the Dallas Cowboys (tom Landry is the exception), but, I always thought Turner was a good OC for them.  It doesn't hurt when you have talent, but, I thought he designed a good scheme and game plan.  He's totally lost me with the Vikes this tear though.  Granted, it's not Aikman, Irvin and Smith, but, Cordarrelle Patterson, Jerick McKinon and Teddy Bridgewater should be growing together and I just don't see it.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob