The 2014 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 07, 2014, 10:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

Quote from: mirth on January 11, 2015, 08:36:35 PM
Fox is probably out too. And he's a good coach imho.

And the Broncos are looking for a new coach.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Bison

What the hell is up with the Ducks uniforms?  Boring...

I think the Ducks are the better team, but hopefully the Buckeyes keep it close.

mirth

Quote from: OJsDad on January 12, 2015, 08:07:17 PM
Quote from: mirth on January 11, 2015, 08:36:35 PM
Fox is probably out too. And he's a good coach imho.

And the Broncos are looking for a new coach.

He'll get another job soon enough. And even if he doesn't, the Broncos just gave him a contract extension last year and owe him for 2 more years.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12156158/john-fox-denver-broncos-head-coach

Maybe the Broncos will bring back Josh McDaniels :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 12, 2015, 05:27:45 PM
This gives me newfound respect for the Panthers as an organization:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2327113-12-year-old-sends-letter-to-all-32-nfl-teams-and-only-the-panthers-responded

12-Year-Old Sends Letter to All 32 NFL Teams, and Only the Panthers Respond

QuoteSometimes, it's tough to pick a team to root for. So why not just ask the teams?

That's exactly what 12-year-old Cade Pope did.

The sixth-grader from Oklahoma wrote a letter to every owner of every NFL team asking who he should support. Of the 32 teams, only one responded.

Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson sent Cade a handwritten letter that stated, "Cade, we would be honored if our Carolina Panthers became your team. We would make you proud by the classy way we represent you."

The letter also came with a replica Panthers helmet signed by Pro Bowl linebacker Luke Kuechly.

"If this is the only team that responds to me, I'm a Carolina Panthers fan," said Pope.

Ah yes, the very classy Carolina Panthers  ::)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/panthers/2014/09/11/jerry-richardson-emtoinal-breaks-down-domestic-violence-greg-hardy/15430075/

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/panthers-teammates-want-to-see-greg-hardy-back-011115

Quote''A guy of that caliber, we need him,'' Panthers cornerback Josh Norman said Sunday
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

I'm not sure who the Broncos could bring in that they think will be an upgrade at coach over Fox.  I think Manning is done and the rebuilding is coming.

mirth

Quote from: Bison on January 12, 2015, 09:50:15 PM
I'm not sure who the Broncos could bring in that they think will be an upgrade at coach over Fox.  I think Manning is done and the rebuilding is coming.

Agreed on both. Teams are going to be fighting to land Fox.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Steelgrave

Quote from: Bison on January 12, 2015, 09:50:15 PM

I think the only way it makes sense is if they are going to promote Gase to give Manning one more shot. Otherwise, Elway may be thinking post-Manning and an offensive reshuffle.

OJsDad

If Manning retires, who is the Broncos second string QB.  Do they look to draft one.

OJsDad

Well, Jones just imitated Winston with that fumble.

Bison

Yeah OSU is falling apart at the start of the 2nd half.

Bison

Who the hell thought showing tweets from famous people during the game is a good idea.  I don't give two flying fucks what LeBron James has to say about the game.  Good grief.  American sports and the broadcasting of American sports is beginning to suck donkey nuts.

MetalDog

Looking more and more like I took the wrong side in this.  No Oregon.  No over.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

The coaches' room on ESPN2 is freaking awesome. They're breaking down plays and strategy so clean, and predicting plays so well it's amazing.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers