Best way to remove miniatures from packaging?

Started by agrippamaxentius, August 13, 2015, 12:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: LongBlade on August 14, 2015, 02:57:40 PM
Groovy. Thanks, Nef!

It's great stuff.  Can even clean up some of the older paint in brushes.  But it also serves a similar purpose as hair conditioner, keeping the bristles healthier when it comes to those that use some kind of animal hair.

The small jar I have will last a long time.   O0

GJK

That looks like just the ticket...tired of buying new brushes all the time!
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Nefaro

There isn't much to using it, and I'm sure you guys know how to treat brushes, but what sold me on it was a YT vid someone did regarding the stuff.

There are numerous vid reviews and suggestions.  This is just one I noticed quickly, although I prefer to use a small sponge or paper towel for the final wipings (instead of on my skin like this guy does):

Note:  I think these guys that lick their dirty or chemical covered brushes are nuts.  So I don't condone it at all.  I don't even like willing getting anything on my skin regularly (including paint).  But you get the point how useful this goop is.

You really will see more old paint colors coming out of your brush, onto the towel/sponge/whatevah, although it's not very noticeable in that vid.

LongBlade

I went down to Michaels and bought some brush cleaner. Different brand, but same idea. I cleaned all my brushes with it and left them overnight to dry. But my first look indicated that they appear much improved. Will break them out after some to share some thoughts.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

Hey, Nef. So I used a 000, 0, and a 2 which had all been fairly frayed. That brush cleaner worked amazingly well. I just bought a bunch of new brushes and now I'm putting them on ice as the old ones are working great.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.