X-Men: Days of Future Past

Started by Centurion40, May 27, 2014, 10:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centurion40

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 30, 2014, 02:17:55 PM
You'd think they'd keep Quicksilver around so he could just run up and nab Magneto's helmet whenever the need arose.  Could've prevented that whole stadium thing.

I guess they let him go home after he helped spring daddy Magneto, 'cause he was just a teenager.  Still, with the fate of the world in play, I would kept all assets on the field; and not let one go home to play pinball.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Staggerwing

^That did point out one tiny gripe I had with the film- there were several anachronisms, starting with Quicksilver's headphones and whatever they were plugged into. No Walkmen or iPods back in 1973. There were a few others that escape me ATM though. Possibly some lingo?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: MetalDog on May 28, 2014, 05:39:04 AM
I know.  Because Super heroes beat zombies EVERY time.  You should look in to it.

meh...  I cant get past the spandex costumes and shit.  Wolverine in jeans and a riding jacket work for me.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

MetalDog

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on May 30, 2014, 08:26:15 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on May 28, 2014, 05:39:04 AM
I know.  Because Super heroes beat zombies EVERY time.  You should look in to it.

meh...  I cant get past the spandex costumes and shit.  Wolverine in jeans and a riding jacket work for me.

I would think with your taste in women, spandex would be a GOOD thing.  Besides, who wants to date a girl with her naughty bits decaying.  If that sounds like you, then you should SERIOUSLY have that looked in to.  And I will let someone more crass address that Wolverine comment.  ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GDS_Starfury

there is no one more capable of crassness then I.
having said that I wasn't speaking on the women.
I had horrible visions of LB shaving an aquaman costume at BB and demanding he wear it.

GDS_Starfury

^^^ that was supposed to be "throwing an aquaman costume" but I'll let the typo stand as subconscious spoken word poetry.

airboy

Wife and I went last night.  She has seen it twice.  Loved the movie.

Quicksilver could have had a portable radio with headphones.  I had one of those back in 1972.  Portable tape players came later.  But until you mentioned it I had not even thought about it.

Remember - its an "alternate past" in a "comic book movie."

Martok

Just got back from watching the movie.  Definitely enjoyed it; am very glad I went. 

Probably my single biggest critiques is that the "future" cast (particularly Sir Ian McKellen and Halle Berry) felt way under-utilized.  I also didn't care for how Fassbender's younger Magneto felt like he stuck being the main Designated Villain (despite a nice moment or two with the younger Xavier).  However, these criticism aren't enough to prevent my giving DoFP a solid thumbs-up. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces