The 2015 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 03, 2015, 07:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

bayonetbrant

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2015/6/23/8831077/the-morning-constitutional-wont-stop-now

the best summation of the P-Diddy-attacks-a-football-coach story you'll find

and for the record, we all know who the Floridian attacked by a horny dolphin was, right?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 24, 2015, 10:00:37 AM
http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2015/6/23/8831077/the-morning-constitutional-wont-stop-now

the best summation of the P-Diddy-attacks-a-football-coach story you'll find
Okay, that was damn funny.  Although I've never seen someone use so many words to rephrase the proverb "Truth is stranger than fiction" before.  :P 

and for the record, we all know who the Floridian attacked by a horny dolphin was, right?
I'm not sure Star truly qualifies as being Floridian.  I'm beginning to think he transcends such petty distinctions. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

Quote from: Martok on June 24, 2015, 01:59:56 PM
I'm not sure Star truly qualifies as being Floridian.  I'm beginning to think he transcends such petty distinctions. 

That's what he told the dolphin.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

mirth

bayonetbrant

OJsDad

WTF!  Auburn is predicted to win the SEC but not their division.  Don't you have to win your division to play in the SEC championship game. So if you don't play in the SEC championship game, how do you win the conference.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

Here's the scoop: the media members were asked to vote the order of finish for the SEC East and West.  Alabama received more consistent 1st and 2nd place votes than Auburn (who received more 3rd and 4th place votes to go with their 1st and 2nd place votes) so, Alabama was the winner of the vote for the West.  However, when the vote was tallied as to who would win the SEC, Auburn pulled enough votes to be voted the winner.  Got it?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

OJsDad

Yep, I understand MD.  Still kind of funny for a non SEC person.  And yes, I know it's not the SEC deciding this but the press. 

The really great news is that we're about 1.5 months for kickoff for college.  In fact, our high school team kickoff their first game August 28th.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

I wouldn't have known how to explain it if I hadn't heard it on sports talk.  All the local shows I listen to were at SEC Media Days.  You're a Big Ten guy, aren't you?  Fan of the National Champs?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob