The 2015 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 03, 2015, 07:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

Quote from: OJsDad on November 04, 2015, 02:32:45 PM
Anyone who thinks Cleveland is screwing up by not trading Joe Thomas knows nothing about this team.  They have a wake of destroyed 1st round QB's because they have no O line to protect them.

They also have no receivers worth a damn...and one good cornerback...and MAYBE one pass rusher...and half a defensive line. Draft picks are how you fill those holes. Keeping a veteran tackle around to help keep such talents as McCown and Manziel safe makes no sense. Also, most of those quarterbacks didn't last a year not because of injury but because THEY ARE ALL GODAWFUL. Seriously, that list of 'talent' is a cry for help. Perhaps an owner capable of finding front office talent would be a good idea. Ten bucks says that Ryan Grigson is being introduced as the new GM of the Browns a year after the Colts finally fire his idiot ass.  ;D

Quote from: SteelgraveThe 49'ers have undertaken the largest self-destruct mission I've seen in pro sports in some time. Self-inflicted wounds, bad luck and the team everyone wanted to play for in the 80's is the team no one wants to play for today. Arrogance loses out again.

It really is astonishing to look at. As much as I found Harbaugh obnoxious at times, he was clearly the guy they should have kept in the power struggle with Trent Baalke. Now they're screwed. And ownership doesn't so much seem to care since they've already got their fancy new stadium.

MetalDog

The era of sports I grew up in, you hated your rival and you would never, EVER be caught dead rooting for them.  These new McDonald's commercials just make me sad.

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

airboy

UNC lit up Dook with 66 points.
Clemson has a better QB than Florida State and won.
Alabama's defensive line dominated LSUs offensive line for their win.
Auburn managed to beat A&M.

Except for Bama, an awesome college football Saturday.  I'm not fond of the LSU fans, but Bama's are closer.
UNC is ranked 17th in both major polls.

bayonetbrant

LSU's o-line was doing their best windmill impersonations.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

airboy

Quote from: MetalDog on November 08, 2015, 11:25:02 PM
ROLL TIDE!!!!

Metal Dog:
To say it that loud you had to spit out your chaw first or you would have soaked your beard.

Most Sincerely,
Airboy

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

MetalDog

It's good to know you guys actually like me.  I'd hate to see what you do to people you don't like :)

bayonetbrant

MetalDog

Martok

So the Vikes are 6-2, and currently tied with the Pack atop the NFC North.  Despite everyone's predictions that they were going to do well this year, I'm still almost too surprised to feel euphoric. 

Of course, we've only just begun the tougher half of our schedule...and we just barely beat our first good opponent, at home, in overtime.  So I think I have good reason to remain skeptical for now.  (That, plus, you know, Vikings fan. :P ) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

Martok

Vikings beat a pretty decent Raiders team in Oakland, and are now alone atop the division.  So far so good, but must continue to suppress hope/optimism for the time being.  Talk to me after we've played our "Bird Stretch" (Falcons, Seahawks, and Cardinals -- seriously, is someone in the NFL scheduling office trying to prank us?) and next week's division showdown with the Pack; if the Vikes manage to go at least 2-2 these next four weeks, then I might finally believe they're for real. 

Speaking of Green Bay:  WTF happened to the Packers??  That they've lost three in a row is remarkable enough, but at least their first two defeats were somewhat understandable (away games at Denver and Carolina).  But to lose at home to the lowly Lions??!!  :o  Oh, the ignominy... 

Also:  How the hell did the Bears manage to steal a win in St. Louis, and how did the Redskins pull off such a dominating win over the Saints?  Never would've called either of those. 

Final thought of the weekend:  F*** the Patriots.  (Sorry mirth.) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

OJsDad

MD, your Tide is looking good for the end of the season.  I don't see any stumbling blocks on their way to the playoffs this year. 

The PAC12 imploded this weekend, with both Stanford and Utah losing. 

It was great to see Baylor get beat soundly at home.  OkSt barely made it out of Ames with a win. 

The ACC champ game should be between NC and Clemson.  This should be a very good game.

Buckeyes face MSU and UM the next two weeks.  Time for them to step up if they want a chance to play for the National Championship again.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.