The 2015 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 03, 2015, 07:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Bison on November 22, 2015, 10:44:59 AM
Two more wins and K-State is bowl eligible.  Which brings up the question what's the worst bowl upcoming?

My wife was surprised they pulled that last-minute win out.

Bison

Father-in-law and I were out eating a burger at a local grill and left mid-way through the 3 quarter, so I didn't even see the comeback.  :( 

I usually sit through to the bitter end, but chose to go rake leaves and play in the pile with the kids instead.  Better choice, I'll admit but it would have been nice to see the comeback too.

bayonetbrant

Two more wins and K-State is bowl eligible.  Which brings up the question what's the worst bowl upcoming?
Bahamas?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Duke went from "controls own playoff destiny" to "Duke" in a few short weeks.  So did LSU
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 22, 2015, 11:15:40 AM
Bahamas?

I'm thinking that muffler bowl in Detroit.  Who the hell wants to ever go to Detroit, let alone Detroit in the winter.  /shutter/

MetalDog

There's a good chance there will be more than one team in a bowl with less than a .500 record.  There's a saturation point that football will reach.  And if you do not think they have already crossed, and I do, then it's coming soon.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

MetalDog

Very cool.  And shows the way I suspect most of us want to be every day.

airboy

Quote from: MetalDog on November 22, 2015, 02:59:20 PM
There's a good chance there will be more than one team in a bowl with less than a .500 record.  There's a saturation point that football will reach.  And if you do not think they have already crossed, and I do, then it's coming soon.

Wall St. Journal today said it is possible for 5 teams with a losing conference record or a .500 record making a bowl.

airboy

Hey Brant!

I'm guessing UNC cannot sleep-walk their way through NC State on the way to playing Clemson.

I'm also guessing that a UNC loss would make up for most of NCSU's less than stellar season.

Quick Quiz: When was the last time UNC won the ACC Football Title???
1980 - My wife and I were in our Freshman year at UNC.

bayonetbrant

Still more recent than NC State's last title...  :(

airboy

UNC had an amazing first quarter against NCSU - leading 35 - 7.  Then UNC went into sleepwalk mode.

But Clemson had a lot of problems with South Carolina having yet another game with a subpar performance.

bayonetbrant

yeah, State has played some lousy ball this year.  Doesn't help when you lose your top 2 RBs, your top 2 WRs, 2 OL starters, and 3 guys from your defensive back 7 from you game 1 roster.

MetalDog

C'mon, BB.  You know injury can't be used as an excuse.  It certainly effects things, but Notre Dame lost their best QB and RB and TCU lost most of their starting D and a QB.  No matter.  Basketball season is upon us and I am sure the Wolfpack will kick some major a$$!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on November 30, 2015, 07:15:24 PMBasketball season is upon us and I am sure the Wolfpack will kick some major a$$!

they got shot out of their own coliseum by William & Mary, so no, I'm not counting on it.