The 2015 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 03, 2015, 07:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

OJsDad

And the Browns have started the firings.  The GM is gone, and the coach is meeting with the owner at 7pm EST.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

And now the coach has been fired.  Let the merry-go-round for the Clowns start again. 

I saw someone state that the last 5 coaching changes in the AFC North (Cincy, Cleveland, Pitts, Baltimore)  have all been at Cleveland. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Bison

Some how manzel will survive to be your QB next year so hope in the rust belt can still be had.

OJsDad

Not my QB.  I'm not a fan of the Clowns.  I leave that to my wife and dad. 

Arctic Blast

And now it turns out that Manziel didn't bother showing up on Sunday because he spent the night before parading around Vegas in a wig and fake mustache. I love the Browns.

In other dunderhead news, the Colts have decided to keep their idiot coach AND their idiot GM (who the pill popping owner actually said compares as better than Bill Polian after 4 years). Both are morons, they reportedly hate one another...yeah, this should work out just fine.

bayonetbrant

I wonder if Manziel isn't smarter than we're giving him credit for...  maybe he's misbehaving his way out of the Browns so he doesn't have to suffer thru any more of their BS?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Con

Quote from: Arctic Blast on January 04, 2016, 11:55:55 PM
And now it turns out that Manziel didn't bother showing up on Sunday because he spent the night before parading around Vegas in a wig and fake mustache. I love the Browns.

In other dunderhead news, the Colts have decided to keep their idiot coach AND their idiot GM (who the pill popping owner actually said compares as better than Bill Polian after 4 years). Both are morons, they reportedly hate one another...yeah, this should work out just fine.
I wonder what sort of Banner Irsay will hoist for this decision?  "I coulda been a contender!"

Con

Martok

Quote from: Bison on January 02, 2016, 10:27:09 PM
I never talk shit about the Vikings.  It only leads to misery and depression.
It did feel good to beat the Packers at Lambeau, though.  It's been long enough since the last time we did that. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Bison

I didn't watched the game.  I watched 2 games this year and the Vikings lost them both.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 05, 2016, 12:01:17 AM
I wonder if Manziel isn't smarter than we're giving him credit for...  maybe he's misbehaving his way out of the Browns so he doesn't have to suffer thru any more of their BS?

So that he can go to Dallas? Has he seen the Cowboys roster?

bayonetbrant

Interesting comparison about how crappy Detroit has been for 30 years, even with Barry Sanders and Clavin Johnson

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/lions-on-verge-of-wasting-a-once-in-a-generation-talent-...-again-231155752.html

QuoteWhat's even more remarkable about their careers is how little they were helped by elite blocking. The Lions have had only had one offensive lineman make the Pro Bowl since 1997: Don Muhlbach, the long snapper, in 2012. In those two amazing individual seasons, when Sanders rushed for 2,053 yards and Johnson racked up 1,964 receiving yards, the Lions went a combined 13-19.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

No surprise there.  Aside from the (very) occasional decent season, the Lions have been the perennial doormat in the NFC North, and the NFC Central before that. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MetalDog

As awful as the Lions have mostly been in the Super Bowl era, more than one Sunday was ruined for me by Sanders running wild over my Bucs.  Then again, that was at a time when they were at the end of their OWN awful phase, before Dungy and Chucky got there. 

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus