The 2015 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 03, 2015, 07:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

Bison

Bengales self destructed big time.  They have a lot of classy players in Cincinnati.

Grim.Reaper

Steelers and Bengals game was intense for sure and had a lot of interesting stuff.....

Bryant's crazy circus catch in the endzone...no idea how he held on to that doing a somersault

Shazier's hit on the Bengal's player that caused a critical fumble...although one could argue that should have been a penalty for hit to the head

Burfict sacking Ben shortly after that and causing Ben to leave the game...classless fans cheer the injury and pelt him with bottles as he leaves the field

Bengal's coming back with 2 TDs and a FG to start the fourth quarter

Late in the game, Jones comes in and throws a terrible pass up the middle which was intercepted by Burfict...at that time, he was ready to be the game's hero

Next play, Hill gets a decent gain, but at end of the play fumbles the ball...just needed to hold on...call was still OK, Steelers had 3 timeouts left so they couldn't just take a knee yet

Then Big Ben comes off the bench, only able to throw very short passes....he moves them down the field, including a critical 4th and 3 conversion

Ben attempts to hit Brown to get close to FG range...pass not really close....but then the craziness starts, Burfict comes across the field and puts his shoulder into Brown's head, basically knocking him out....immediate 15 yard penalty

While everyone is checking on Brown, players and coaches jaw at each other.....including Pacman Jones who appeared to be jawing with Porter and possibly bumped the referee....another additional 15 yard penalty

Steelers end up with a chip shot FG, win the game....Bengals continue their long streak of not winning a playoff game

Although Marvin Lewis might be the nicest coach in the world, time for him to go.....he just can't win the big ones and last night demonstrated he couldn't control his own team during crucial times...

bayonetbrant

I have friends that are both Bengals and Steelers fans (though I don't think any of them know each other).  My Facebook feed was full of memes insulting each other.  The animosity was kind of funny considering none of those people had ever put on a set of shoulder pads.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

As a fan, I love to see the hype and animosity these guys have for one another.  With the time, effort and loyalty I put in to the teams I root for, I WANT to see my players hate the other team!  So, from that standpoint, it was great to see those guys want to mix it up.  Having said that, some of what went on in that game was just shameful.  TRYing to injure the other guys players is just unacceptable.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Grim.Reaper

Agreed....love the intensity, but some of that stuff is just plain stupid that ends up hurting your own team.

Bison

Well typical end to the Vikings season.  Good fucking grief.  I'm done with this franchise.

Steelgrave

You gotta be kidding me! How do the Vikings miss that damn kick? Martok, I know you're bleeding purple right now. :P

Centurion40

Feel bad for you purple people eaters. You should have taken the Shithawks in that cold.

MetalDog

That anyone won this game amazes me.  I work outside, but, you can bet that I would have called in to work in THAT weather!  The fact that these guys played at all is a win.  Hate that it was Seattle though.

Martok

Jesus H.  What the fuck is with Vikings kickers missing clutch FG's at the end of playoff games??!  :tickedoff:  It's like 1998 all over again. 

Current status:  Getting drunk. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Arctic Blast

Goddammit! Now the damn Seahawks are going to go to Carolina and smack around the Panthers (who really aren't that great). They won't go away!

I now officially despise Blair Walsh.

MetalDog

Carolina beat them earlier this year.  While I hate the Panthers as much as the Seahawks, the game can't end in a tie.  And I would prefer that Pete Carroll lose, so, GO PANTHERS!!!

OJsDad

Every home team lost this weekend.  So much for home field advantage. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Centurion40