The 2015 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 03, 2015, 07:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Con

I agree Manning is but a giant fore-headed shell of himself.  However I believe he is going to want/need to play at least for an additional season to get that record.  The Texans went 9 and 7 in the AFC south with a roster of QBs that look like they play at high school level only.  It wouldn't be unthinkable that if they had Manning (even old brittle Manning)  that they could have eked out 2 more wins.  Plus lets not forget that the NFL is all about the dough and imagine the jersey sales for number 18 in the Texans uniform as well as the number of extra season tickets that would sell.  The cherry on the top is that the Pats play Houston away in 2016!  Brady Manning bowl XVIII

It's going to happen but I agree that Manning will be doomed as a QB since he is plummeting off the play ability cliff.

Con

Martok

Yeah Peyton's done, for all intents and purposes.  He might still play...somewhere for another season or two, but it's going to be painful to watch if he does. 

Incidentally, with the Steelers now eliminated, I officially no longer care who wins the Super Bowl.  As long as it's not the Patriots, of course. 

Actually, I take that back; I'd kinda like to see the NFC take the crown back this year.  Really, though, I just want to see a good game come Feb. 7. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

Remember Joe Namath with the Rams?  It'll be like that.

At this point, I think I'm backing the Cardinals.  I'd like to see Larry Fitzgerald get a ring.  Plus, it seems like half their defense were LSU guys, and I'm OK backing them.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Yet another boring round of so-called championship games. Getting really tired of the Patriots. Time for Tom Brady to go away.

Con

Why do you hate winning and greatness?
I think its very un American to be so non patriotic! :)
Would you rather support the Cowboys clinging on to their faded glory - Think the French!!

Con

airboy

I hope the Panthers win it all.  Cam was a really nice guy when he was an Auburn student.  He has continued to be nice to the students on his occasional visits back to campus.

MetalDog

Sorry, airboy.  I am contractually obligated to root against the Panthers just for that reason.  Pats all the way!  And if it can't be them, then the Cards will do just fine.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

Go Pats!! I welcome as many championships as we can get. I'm kinda dreading the post-Brady/Belichick era.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

I wouldn't.  We all know that Bill has a deal with the Devil.  He just needs another soul to sell.

Bison

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on January 18, 2016, 07:19:05 PM
I wouldn't.  We all know that Bill has a deal with the Devil.  He just needs another soul to sell.

I'll volunteer Gus' soul.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

MetalDog

I thought you and Star sacrificed that for a snugger fit.

mirth

Quote from: Bison on January 18, 2016, 07:19:28 PM
You had the illustrious Steve Grogan era.

Don't remind me. That's the era I grew up watching. Thank God the Celtics were good back then.

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on January 18, 2016, 07:21:19 PM
I thought you and Star sacrificed that for a snugger fit.

I was hoping the Devil forgot about that.

BanzaiCat

Tony Eason. I was pulling for the '85 Pats to beat those goddamn Bears back in the day.

Pulled for the Pats in '02 (the first Super Bowl after 9/11, with the awesome U2 concert).

But since, the Pats can go suck a de-inflated ball.