The 2015 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 03, 2015, 07:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

I didn't watch one minute of HBO's Hard Knocks this past summer/fall...they covered the Texans. It might be quite funny to check it out, now.  :buck2:

MetalDog

It's my understanding that J. J. Watt got LOTS of screen time.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

I have no doubt.

We went to a training camp open house when some friends invited us. Most of the people there were women wanting to see JJ Watt. I think they were more interested in him and wearing their latest Texans bling (and therefore being seen in it) more than they give two shits about football. He came by to sign autographs but didn't come near where our section of the crowd was...but that didn't stop the wimminz from screaming like their tits were bleeding.

Bison

mirth

That's what happens when you don't lock up home field against the Dolphins.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

MIght have been different had they elected to go for the field goals both times.  Really unhappy the Broncos made it.

mirth

We definitely should have gone for the field goal the second time. Dumb.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

The Cardinals sure as the hell didn't show up to play today.  Unless there is a miraculous 4th quarter comeback, Denver is going to have their hands full in the Super Bowl with their rather anemic offense against Carolina.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Bison on January 24, 2016, 09:00:13 PM
The Cardinals sure as the hell didn't show up to play today.  Unless there is a miraculous 4th quarter comeback, Denver is going to have their hands full in the Super Bowl with their rather anemic offense against Carolina.

Yeah, that's not happening. Holy shite, 49 to 15??? Wow.  :o

MetalDog

Denver is just as good at stopping the run as they are at stopping the pass.  They won't give up 49 to Cam.  Having said that, Bison is right, that's a shite offense Peyton is running.  I expect this to be another NFC domination.

Bison

I stopped watching the game after Carolina scored on their first drive of the 3rd Quarter and played some Far Cry 3.  A much better use of my time.

Martok

Good grief, what happened to Arizona??  Did half the the players miss the plane trip or something? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Steelgrave

Quote from: Martok on January 25, 2016, 04:40:15 AM
Good grief, what happened to Arizona??  Did half the the players miss the plane trip or something?

The curse of Cincy QB's in big games continues. You can take the QB out of Cincy, but apparently you can't take the Cincy out of a QB  :P