The 2015 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 03, 2015, 07:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

I can't stand ANY of the Manning boys. Peyton's smug face has haunted most Texans fans since he was beating their team like redheaded stepchildren.

It's time to turn out the lights; the party's over.

Bison

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 25, 2016, 09:59:45 PM
I can't stand ANY of the Manning boys. Peyton's smug face has haunted most Texans fans since he was beating their team like redheaded stepchildren.

I think your just projecting the shitty Texans teams onto Manning.  That's like Browns fans blaming Ben Roethlisberger for them sucking so badly.  Or the Cowboys blaming the football for Tony Romo's suckatude.

BanzaiCat

No, I know the Texans suck no matter what.

I think part of it is the Texans not having had a QB worth a crap in their entire existence. Peyton is a leader and (arguably is/was) an athlete, I'll say that much for him. It's frustrating being a fan of a team whose management bungles the draft every damn year, though I know there's plenty of you out there that feel this exact same pain. QBs aren't exactly plentiful, unfortunately.

bayonetbrant

David Carr wasn't a bad QB.  The problem is, it's tough to play QB from your back, and the offensive line was stocked with matadors for most of his time with the team.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

I think that poor kid was hosed from the moment that Tony Boselli was out. Until then, he was one of their best picks in the expansion draft. That guy was a monster and would have done well protecting Carr's blind side, but then again, one man can't play all the positions on the offensive line.

I agree, he might have been an awesome QB, but we'll never know. At least he had a sense of humor over the sacks.

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 25, 2016, 09:59:45 PM

To be fair to Peyton, a lot of QBs have done that to the Texans.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Bison

Maybe what needs to happen is the Texans bring in Johnny Manzel.  He's a winner and provides a lot of entertainment for the sports radio crowd.

BanzaiCat

The number of people here for and against Manziel being drafted was pretty much split evenly, and they were pretty vociferous on both sides, too. Funny that it seemed split along the lines of A&M haters and A&M circle-jerkists.

I was hoping we wouldn't see Manziel here as he was a tremendous douchebag. If he's matured at all then that might not be a bad thing to happen. At the same time, though, dammit, we don't need ANOTHER Cleveland QB cast-off.

Bison

To be fair Hoyer had to be cast off from three previous teams before he was cast off by the Browns to Houston.  So it looks like Josh McCown is the next Cleveland quarterback due for a shot to guide the Texans to glory.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Bison on January 26, 2016, 01:16:30 PM
So it looks like Josh McCown is the next Cleveland quarterback due for a shot to guide the Texans to glory gory.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 26, 2016, 11:26:42 AM

I was hoping we wouldn't see Manziel here as he was a tremendous douchebag. If he's matured at all...

He's too busy screwing up, apologizing for it, promising it will never happen again, then screwing up again a week later...he has no time for this 'maturing' of which you speak!

Seriously, dude's clearly a colossal idiot who has grown so used to getting away with everything that he'll never grow up.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Arctic Blast on January 26, 2016, 11:04:16 PM
Seriously, dude's clearly a colossal idiot

Oh, absolutely. I meant IF he cleans is act up before O'Brian and the loser express of a management team in this franchise inevitably go knocking on the Browns' door again, hat in hands.