Dominions 3 MP game [Running]

Started by Yskonyn, February 21, 2013, 06:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Ubercat, if Geek's going AI too (can you confirm that Geek?) we could just call it a victory for you, or you can keep playing.  Let me know either way.

Ubercat

Thanks, guys. I'll play until I'm the last non-AI player and then call it a game. It's up to Nefelheim, then.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Huw the Poo

Sorry I wasn't much of a challenge.  I had absolutely no idea what to do about those devils.  Well, I did have a couple of thoughts but they weren't really achievable at that point in the game for me.

What the hell did it cost you to summon that many?

Huw the Poo

Geek!  We calling it a day or what?

undercovergeek

its called - i really am just mooching around the back of mictlan until 480 devils and imps turn up again (jesus!!!)

i hadnt even read about those spells - fearsome

well done uber, very well done - as Huw said on PM i/we shouldnt have left you to half the map!!!

lessons learnt

do you want me to actually go AI or just declare here and now im beat and your ace!

Mr Pratt - its time to fire up the small game transpondulator again!!!

Huw the Poo

I'll call it via Llamaserver.

Ubercat, you have won the very first Grogheads Dominions 3 game!  Congratulations!

JasonPratt

I'll set up a new EA game early this week (after taking some time to figure out what the heck I'm going to do with Ulm MA); but I'll let forum interest dictate the size. My guess is that it'll be a small game anyway. If it turns out to be a large game, we can still set up small games on the side.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Huw the Poo

Cool, thanks Jason.  I'm gonna get reading on some new nations to try!

JasonPratt

Since I'm taking over Ulm in the Middle Age game, I'm strongly thinking of playing Ulm in Early Age, too. (I've never played Ulm in any age before.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Huw the Poo

I might give Caelum a try and see if I can solve the awful troops problems.

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 12, 2013, 02:30:25 PM
Since I'm taking over Ulm in the Middle Age game, I'm strongly thinking of playing Ulm in Early Age, too. (I've never played Ulm in any age before.)

cant find a kind word anywhere for MA Ulm

Ubercat

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 12, 2013, 11:06:23 AM
What the hell did it cost you to summon that many?

The blood of innocents. Lots and lots of innocents. They're 3 blood slaves a pop. I had anywhere from 8-12 High Priests summoning them every turn. I also forged about 4 of the contract thingies for 65 slaves each. They spawn 1 devil every turn. On the second to last turn I summoned my first arch demon. The one I randomly got has the ability to summon devils!  ;D I didn't get a chance to use it and see how many I'd get.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Ubercat

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 12, 2013, 02:07:58 PM
I'll call it via Llamaserver.

Ubercat, you have won the very first Grogheads Dominions 3 game!  Congratulations!

Thank you!

- Thomas Sowell

Ubercat

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 12, 2013, 02:22:12 PM
I'll set up a new EA game early this week (after taking some time to figure out what the heck I'm going to do with Ulm MA); but I'll let forum interest dictate the size. My guess is that it'll be a small game anyway. If it turns out to be a large game, we can still set up small games on the side.

I'd like to take Mictlan again if I can. There was an entire aspect of my strategy that I never got to use. (At least I never noticed it occur in a battle). I think I'll focus on that more, and try 1-2 other things in combination with it.

NO DEVILS this time. Fair?

- Thomas Sowell

Huw the Poo

Didn't you end up with loads of unrest after getting all those slaves?  Were you able to contain it to one or two provinces?