Superbowl - I'm very stoked

Started by JudgeDredd, January 31, 2015, 06:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on February 01, 2015, 10:05:44 PM
Fighting in football is f*cking ridiculous. Way to ruin a good game.

Embarrassing. And it was such a great game up to then.  >:(
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

MetalDog

Love it!Love IT!LOVE IT!LOVEIT!!!!!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on February 01, 2015, 10:09:04 PM
WHY THROW? WHY???????? BASTARDS.

They tried to be too cute...stick with what got you there....should have been lynch all the way.

Bison

Good game.  Yeah it was a very curious call, but it was not out of the ordinary for the Seahawks.

Tuna

Quote from: MetalDog on February 01, 2015, 10:00:39 PM
YESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!!!!!

what he said!!  :knuppel2:

Thankyou for the win Seattle!

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on February 01, 2015, 10:09:04 PM
WHY THROW? WHY???????? BASTARDS.
I don't know the intricacies of the game...but even I would've thought with 30 seconds to go and 1st and Goal (or was it second?...whatever) you keep the ball in hand until you HAVE to throw.

Shite end to a great game.

It's 3.15am here - so I'm off to bed. Night folks.

Well done Pats.
Alba gu' brath

bayonetbrant

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 01, 2015, 10:13:25 PM
I don't know the intricacies of the game...but even I would've thought with 30 seconds to go and 1st and Goal (or was it second?...whatever) you keep the ball in hand until you HAVE to throw.

Even the Brits ('scuse me, "Scots") know that you hand the ball to Marshawn right there...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

WHY??????????????????????????????????? :buck2:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Airborne Rifles

Zero class by Seattle at the end of the game. They've won plenty of games that way. Apparently they can't handle losing that way.

MetalDog

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on February 01, 2015, 10:22:23 PM
Zero class by Seattle at the end of the game. They've won plenty of games that way. Apparently they can't handle losing that way.

QFT!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

Crappy end to an otherwise good game.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

Carroll lost a national championship at USC doing the same thing with Bush on the sideline. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Nefaro

I could easily understand attempting a quick throw outside in such a 2nd down goal line situation... but a quick throw to the goal line right in the center of the field, with hordes of linebackers sitting right there in a goal line defense?!  Are you serious with that shit?!

Bad play call.  They were obviously hoping that the defending linebackers would instantly commit to a goal line leap by Lynch and immediately dive into the pile, completely ignoring any receiver coming into the center.  That's a crazy gamble for 2nd & Goal with 30 seconds left on the clock and the 'hawks paid the price for it.

That's part of what the game is about, though.  Taking calculated risks.  I think that was a poorly calculated one, however.  ;D