Ambush! by Forum

Started by Barthheart, November 03, 2014, 12:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

yup lets go BC - bazooka ahoy!!

do we designate a hex for all of us or one each?

edit - obviously one each - let me look at map tonight in hotel, and come up with a cunning plan to figure who should land where

Barthheart

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 05, 2014, 12:43:40 PM
yup lets go BC - bazooka ahoy!!

do we designate a hex for all of us or one each?

edit - obviously one each - let me look at map tonight in hotel, and come up with a cunning plan to figure who should land where

Yeah I need one hex for each soldier and one for the weapon canister.

Double Deuce

I'm thinking we put the canister close to the middle. We need to make sure it gets secured as soon as possible after we hit the ground.

BanzaiCat

However you choose to set us up, UCG, it won't matter generally, as we're going to randomly float down to earth and move around a lot. Putting the container in the middle, as DD suggested, is as good an idea as any as averages will hopefully keep it near our center of mass. However, this is one of the more ornery Ambush! missions since set up is so random.

I'm pretty sure that once we land, Barth does paragraph checks for the hexes we land in, so we might get creamed before we can even do anything.

Barthheart

I'm not that mean!  >:(  :D

Just a word on parachute drifting. You will start in a hex and the drift either NW or SW from that hex. Then you will drift either NW or SW from that hex and so on until you land.
If you look closely at the hexes you can start from you can see the approximate routes that each start location will send you....  :coolsmiley:

BanzaiCat

Hint: Church steeples and the river are BAD landing sites.  :crazy2:

Barthheart

ALL building are bad landing sites.... but so is landing in open ground in the middle of the hamlet... or in trees.... man you guys are in trouble....   :crazy2:

BanzaiCat

(Sigh) Star will have his chance in the next mission, unless we're incredibly lucky.

bob48

Time to hook up to the static line yet, sarg?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

I say we go with the BAR and 5 clips and use the 2 additional WP on more grenades!

You get a grenade and you get a grenade...
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

Question - can we pass ammo / grenades to other squad members?

'Clip those corners'

Barthheart

Quote from: bob48 on November 05, 2014, 01:25:03 PM

Yes.

mirth

Quote from: bob48 on November 05, 2014, 01:25:03 PM

No offense Bob, but no way in hell do I want you passing me grenades :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

'Clip those corners'

BanzaiCat

"Oops, mate, I pulled the pin, blimey."