Ambush! by Forum

Started by Barthheart, November 03, 2014, 12:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double Deuce

Good thing someone thought to hand me an M1 before jumping even if I did land in the open surrounded by buildings and high ground. No where to hide that's for sure.   :-[

Barthheart

Quote from: Double Deuce on November 06, 2014, 10:52:55 AM
Good thing someone thought to hand me an M1 before jumping even if I did land in the open surrounded by buildings and high ground. No where to hide that's for sure.   :-[

Could be worse.... you could be swinging from the church steeple.....

Double Deuce

I had to re-watch that video. At first look I thought it was me that was headed into the water. Just knew I was gonna drown.

BanzaiCat

Ha! Nice work, Barth! What'd you use to make the video?

Also, what are you expecting from us? You want each of us to give you directions on what we want to do, or are you going to call this out with AR5 first (IIRC), then 4, then on and on?

And finally...can you list the Actions that we can take in Operations?

I can't recall if there's anything we can do for SDR's injury...I don't think there is, other than trying to keep him out of harm's way so he doesn't get himself shot.

undercovergeek

ha, thats awesome, i see bob nearly landed in the back of the vehicle!

wheres the ammo landed?

BanzaiCat

^ Looks like Stagger landed on top of it on that ridge to the west of town.

Barthheart

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 06, 2014, 11:17:31 AM
^ Looks like Stagger landed on top of it on that ridge to the west of town.

Yes Staggerwing is with the weapons canister.

Barthheart

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 06, 2014, 11:11:52 AM
Ha! Nice work, Barth! What'd you use to make the video?

Also, what are you expecting from us? You want each of us to give you directions on what we want to do, or are you going to call this out with AR5 first (IIRC), then 4, then on and on?

And finally...can you list the Actions that we can take in Operations?

I can't recall if there's anything we can do for SDR's injury...I don't think there is, other than trying to keep him out of harm's way so he doesn't get himself shot.

I used screen shots from VASSAL, MS paint and MS Moviemaker to make the video. Really low tech, but does the job.

There's is nothing you can do for SDR's wound. Here are the restrictions on a wounded soldier:
 A wounded soldier can receive only one turn per Round. If a roll in the Action Sequence indicates that the soldier receives two turns, place his AR marker in the 1-Turn space instead.
 A wounded soldier cannot use his Weapon Skill to modify an assaulting attacker's Hit Chance. In addition, when a wounded soldier makes an assault, there is a -2 modifier against him.
 A wounded soldier's Port Box total is reduced to one; put an X through one box. If he is carrying two Port Boxes of equipment, he must immediately drop the contents of one Port Box. If the
      item he is carrying is a two-box item, he must drop it immediately.
 A wounded soldier cannot be given a turn or be made aware by a commander (6/3).
 There is a -2 modifier to the Base Hit Chance for a wounded soldier throwing a grenade or satchel charge.
 There is a -1 modifier to the Base Hit Chance for a wounded soldier firing a weapon.
 A wounded soldier has his Movement Point Allowance reduced to 2 for the rest of the mission. Record his reduced MPA on the Squad Record.
 A wounded soldier never receives a free stance change. The only way he can change stance is by paying a Movement Point to do so.

Most of these pertain to Action Rounds.

During Operations you can:
Move from one hex to another.
Change stance to any other stance - prone or crouching or standing
Pick up/exchange equipment from the ground/dead/canister or other soldiers
Drag inactive soldier
Prepare weapon that needs prep like HMG's or bazookas
Clear jammed weapons
Move captured Germans

The order of these becomes important when the first soldier moves to a different hex. At that point I need to check if he triggers an event or a sighting and possibly Action Rounds. Think of that as alerting the Germans.

So you all can give me a list of who does what in any order until someone moves. Then you need to tell me the exact order of every move/action so I can check to see where the fun starts.  :coolsmiley:

undercovergeek

can he still fire a bazooka?

Barthheart

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 06, 2014, 12:03:09 PM
can he still fire a bazooka?

He who? SDR?

Sure. First he has to get the bazooka that is half way across the map from his current location. Then he has to drop his rifle cause he only has 1 port box now. Then he can fire it at weapon skill zero because he gets a -1 fro being wounded added to his +1 ability.

bob48

Is it best we all make cautious moves towards where the canister is?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Double Deuce

Well then, if I understand correctly I will "stay prone and crawl NW into P12 then on to 012 if possible".

Barthheart

Yeah, sorry I forgot some information.

To move from one hex to another you need to be crouching or standing. Prone soldiers cannot move... at least in this game. Which means if you want to changes hexes you must first stand or crouch.

Also you really want all of you to agree on who does what first because if some one moves and the shit hits the fan before everyone else was ready it could be bad......  :buck2:
Coordination is key during Operations.

BanzaiCat

Yeah, nobody move into a new hex yet.

First you're going to want to go from Prone to Crouch.

Other than that, the only thing to do is for Stagger to raid the dropped cannister, but I don't think he can carry all the Bazooka ammo unless he drops some clips. That might be the most expedient way to get the Bazooka into DD's hands. Also, Stagger's going to want to move as it's rather exposed up on that ridge, so two birds one stone if he has the pockets for it?

undercovergeek

im thinking it makes more sense for SDR to be our bazooka man - hes lying on it

bob and mirth head west through trees, mad dash and then south through trees

the 4 guys in the middle to creep to the end of the forest on j15

and ill run like a bastard to catch up