JudgeDredd

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 10, 2014, 06:00:38 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 10, 2014, 04:59:00 PM
theres going to be action, i can feel it in me bones

Ha.

Hahahahaha!

AAhhahahahahahahaha!

Err...oh yeah, there will be. :)
sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - you'll give your position away.

Don't move me yet - I'm performing some "personal admin"  ;D
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

JD, I don't think that is covered in the Ambush! rules...

bob48

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 10, 2014, 05:58:57 PM
Some hot crouching action punctuated by the occasional creak from Bob's knees.

I need to rub something on them - who has the squads aveeno bottle?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

I accidentally loaded it into the bazooka thinking it was a rocket.

Won't the first German tank be surprised when it gets hit...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 10, 2014, 06:14:54 PM
I accidentally loaded it into the bazooka thinking it was a rocket.

Won't the first German tank be surprised when it gets hit...

At least it'll soften the armour up a bit..........

'Clip those corners'

Staggerwing

Maybe the TC will get Pirate Eye and lose SA.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

Yeeeehaaaa!  >:D

So Ssgt UCG skulks from T9 to S10. The scoots across the street in R10 and hugs the corner of the building in Q11. No response from the dark hamlet... is there anyone even here?

Meanwhile Pvt JD clambers over the small crest and goes crashing into the wooded area of M14.

Just then UCG and BC become aware of a sentry in S9. (Random event triggered by JD's move.)

Action rounds started. Only UCG and BC are aware because only they have a clear LOS see S9. Others will have to roll next round to see if they become aware.
Rolls for init give the US the advantage. But before anything else happens the condition also changes in this event. This requires that each hex occupied by a US soldier is checked to see if any other activations occur....

Pvt Staggerwing catches movement in the building to his NE, but does act. (SS General and his Aide de Camp activate in M6 from SW's hex check. Because of game instructions SW is still unaware.)

Ssgt UCG spots a second sentry in the church steeple! (Triggered by UCG's hex check.)

Now the fun begins.... looking at this Action Round Track we see that UCG will go first, then Germans S and T, then UCG and BC get a turn, then S and T again and then finally N and X will get to act.
Then we'll roll for initiative and start the next round.

So Ssgt UCG you get to act first. These are the things you can do:

Give a turn: You can give this action to any aware soldier in your command radius.

Make Aware: you can make an un-wounded soldier in your command radius aware. He doesn't get an action but does not need to roll next round.

Change stance: You get 1 free stance change per round. Other changes cost 1 movement point.

Move: Use your movement allowance (MA) to move to a different hex or hexes. Each new hex you enter will be checked for an event. Crouching soldiers can only move 1 hex.

Move and Snap Shot: Move up to have your MA and conduct a hasty (less accurate) shot. Move or shoot in any order. Must be standing when moving.

Move and Charge Assault: Move up to half your MA to enter a hex containing a German and conduct and assault. Must be standing when moving.

Aimed Fire: Use your personal weapon to take an accurate shot.

Snap Fire Twice: Use your personal weapon to take 2 less accurate shots.

Throw Grenade: If you have one you can throw it. Your aim is less accurate when crouching.

Assault: Close assault and enemy in your hex.

Please tell me what your action(s) will be. If you are moving list the hexes. If changing stance tell me when and if it's your free one. If you are shooting please tell me aim/snap and the target.

Double Deuce

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 10, 2014, 05:58:57 PM
Some hot crouching action punctuated by the occasional creak from Bob's knees.

I think it's your ankle that your hearing . . .  ;)

Silent Disapproval Robot

I can't hear that over the sound of my blubbering.

(I throw a grenade at Bawb for the endless puns he's crushed my soul with lo these many years.)

bob48

Thanks - good job the pin is still in  :o

'Clip those corners'

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 11, 2014, 01:10:45 AM
I can't hear that over the sound of my blubbering.

(I throw a grenade at Bawb for the endless puns he's crushed my soul with lo these many years.)

If you do that, I imagine most of the squad would be in your sights. :)

bob48

pin comes out, pin goes in, pin comes out, pin goes in, pin comes out, pin.....oops, oh bugger!

'Clip those corners'

Double Deuce

That sentry in the church steeple looks to be the greater threat with 4 of us in the open like we are. Since he's the only one I can possibly see atm. UCG, if I need to pop him when I can, give the word . . . I mean if you're still alive to give the word when I'm up for an action that is.   :coolsmiley:   

BanzaiCat

I'm probably going to have to assault that guy in the steeple; he's way too close to me and he's going to be a difficult target to hit crouched down as he is up there. I'll wait and see what happens before my turn before I act. Hopefully I don't go and get shot.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: bob48 on November 11, 2014, 10:09:40 AM
pin comes out, pin goes in, pin comes out, pin goes in, pin comes out, pin.....oops, oh bugger!

Damn it!  I throw Bob at a grenade.