2017 Fantasy Baseball League

Started by bayonetbrant, March 05, 2017, 10:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

Thanks MD.  Looks like opening day for the regular season is 3 April. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Still pissed I missed on Trea Turner....  Sumbitch almost single-handedly got me into the playoffs last year
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Quote from: OJsDad on March 26, 2017, 06:36:00 PM
Thanks MD.  Looks like opening day for the regular season is 3 April. 

There'll be some games on the 2nd. 

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 26, 2017, 07:49:28 PM
Still pissed I missed on Trea Turner....  Sumbitch almost single-handedly got me into the playoffs last year

You had the first pick in the draft.  I'm sure whoever drafted Turner would be glad to trade you for the scrub you got in the 1 slot.  :-"
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

KyzBP

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 26, 2017, 07:49:28 PM

He's on everyone's list but most people won't reach for him and make him a first rounder.  If I would've picked 9-12 I would have grabbed him with my first pick.  He's so good.

MetalDog

I just want to state for the record, ArcticBlast, you, sir, are a turkey.  I was just waiting for the Mets to put Matz on the DL and I was going to nab Moore myself.  I wish good fortune of him.  I know I expected it for me.

OJsDad

Six teams start play tomorrow, so check your lineups.

Yankees at Rays           1:10 EST
Giants at D-backs         4:10 EST
Cubs at Cardinals.        8:35 EST
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: MetalDog on March 30, 2017, 09:06:00 PM
I just want to state for the record, ArcticBlast, you, sir, are a turkey.  I was just waiting for the Mets to put Matz on the DL and I was going to nab Moore myself.  I wish good fortune of him.  I know I expected it for me.

BWAHAHAHA!

Actually, you can blame Drew Smyly and his elbow tightness. I hear that about a pitcher, that pitcher is getting released and replaced.  :o

MetalDog

Well, then, F-U DREW SMYLY AND YOUR ELBOW TIGHTNESS!

Marty Ward

What happens if neither person reaches the minimum innings requirement? Do the pitching stats count as a tie?
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

MetalDog

I don't think I've ever seen that happen.  Sounds like a logical conclusion though.

OJsDad

Yesterday, my batters went an abysmal 4/26, that a .154 batting average.  One of those hits didn't produce any runs or rbi's. 

However, the other 3 hits produced 3 runs, 2 home runs, 6 RBI's and a stolen base.  I'll gladly take a hit to my teams batting average for those results. 

MetalDog

Pretty efficient use of your hits!  Something we all wish for ;)

OJsDad

Quote from: Marty Ward on April 11, 2017, 11:17:45 AM
What happens if neither person reaches the minimum innings requirement? Do the pitching stats count as a tie?

Something that I just found.  If your on the My Team page, and scroll all the way down the page, on the left hand side, it show's how many innings pitched out of 25.  Might be handy.

MetalDog

Sorry fellas.  Did not know that you did not know that.  I would have pointed it otherwise.

***For informational purposes of the league***

As of this day, April 17, 2017, the team, Pop Tart Box, will be reassigned from its current owner to a volunteer from the audience.  Once this person accepts the invite I sent, they will be in control of the team for the rest of the season.  I will make any moves for said team until our new blood gets in.

Marty Ward

Quote from: MetalDog on April 17, 2017, 10:10:10 PM
Sorry fellas.  Did not know that you did not know that.  I would have pointed it otherwise.

***For informational purposes of the league***

As of this day, April 17, 2017, the team, Pop Tart Box, will be reassigned from its current owner to a volunteer from the audience.  Once this person accepts the invite I sent, they will be in control of the team for the rest of the season.  I will make any moves for said team until our new blood gets in.

Since you are running the team, could you trade me Anthony Rizzo for Tyler Saladino? :)
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!