[running] Armada 2526 SuperNova Christmas 2016 !

Started by Yskonyn, December 22, 2016, 06:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

I'll take the humans, if no one else has claimed them yet.  Otherwise, I'll take which ever race.

Also, I have the Matrix box addition. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Yskonyn

Shelldrake has joined us too.
I think that's about all the players we need!

Still need to get gmail email address confirmation from a few of you. Please provide it and we're off!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

Ubercat is the last one to provide his details and then we have lift-off! 8 players in total.  O0
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

Ok guys, Ubercat decided to cancel. I'll try to kick off the game in a few hours.

Yskonyn

You should have received the first turn by now. If not, please report ASAP.

We have 7 human players and 5 AI on a Large map with a gametime of 250 turns.
The map is a uniform galaxy.

It's basically a Free for All game, so whatever schemes, alliances and trade agreements you feel you need to make with either AI or human controlled factions is fair game.

Report any issues in this thread.

Is anyone going to do an DAR of this? I might if I have enough time.
Have fun gentlemen and good luck! To bodly go....

Yskonyn

I got a notification from Google that an app tried to login to my Pbem Email account. Of course this was Armada, but by default Google's security setting blocks the request. It's an easy fix, but you have got to do the following:

Have your Gmail Inbox open in a browser.
Start Armada
Click on Multiplayer in the main menu
Click on Multi-Player Settings
Confirm everything is entered correctly in this dialog.
Press Back
Click on Join/Continue under the Play by Email box.
Click on the 'Checl Mail' button in the top right-center of the dialog box.

Armada will now check for new mail and will likely return a 'Username or Password' details error!
Ignore this message, Google has just blocked access.
ALT-TAB to your browser where your inbox is open.
See the new notification of Google and instructions on how to allow apps to access your inbox.
When done, ALT-TAB back to Armada and press the 'Check Mail' button again.

Everything should work now.

OJsDad

I'm not having a problem with accessing my gmail account, but Armada isn't finding any email.  The one from Yskonyn is the only email in my gmail account.  Is anyone else able to load the game.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Jarhead0331

i haven't received anything in gmail...  :hide:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

Ok, weird. Shelldrake returned his turn. No one else did.
So? Shall I restart and see if it works?

Staggerwing

I'm actually downloading and installing the game as I type. Didn't get a chance yesterday. Should I wait for a new turn or use the one already sent?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 28, 2016, 06:45:47 PM

Still nothing. I double and triple checked my settings.  :-[
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

OJsDad

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 28, 2016, 06:45:47 PM

Why don't you try just a two or three person game with myself and jarhead, see if we can process those, before scrapping everyone else's work.

Staggerwing

I have the email but cannot get the game to read my gmail account. I get 'Password or username not valid' and when I check my gmail itself there is no notice about enabling outside apps or anything similar.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Yskonyn

Everyone should look at this and ENABLE less secure app access:
https://support.google.com/a/answer/6260879?hl=en

I will make a dummy game to see if we can get Jarhead and OJ running. Everyone else stby please.

Staggerwing

looks like that link is for something called 'G-Suite', which requires a subscription ($5/month after free trial). I can't find anything similar in my gmail account settings, only a list of apps/OSs that have previously accessed gmail but no info on enabling new ones.