HMGS Newsletter

Started by LongBlade, February 03, 2013, 08:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

I just got my HMGS newsletter and it's got some great photos and a few fun AARs. Worth checking out if you have a few.

http://www.hmgs.org/Documents/Post%20Fallin%202012%20Newsletter.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Cyrano

Very cool.

Really looking forward to Historicon after seeing this.

Must...advance...lead...poisoning...

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Ubercat

Quote from: Cyrano on February 14, 2013, 01:28:35 PM
Very cool.

Really looking forward to Historicon after seeing this.

Must...advance...lead...poisoning...

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"

Since you're going to Historicon, do you also go to the http://www.boardgamers.org/#wbc in the same convention center?
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

bayonetbrant

isn't Historicon in Virginia this year?

WBC is in Lancaster, PA, but I think HMGS moved their stuff to Virginia a few years ago.

http://grogheads.com/staff-cons2013.html
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

ArizonaTank

Yep, Historicon is in Fredericksburg, Viginia again.  I am planning to go....there should be a grogheads meet and greet this year.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Ubercat

I think I confused it with Coldwars.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Cyrano

Tank:  Definitely in for a Groghead meet-up...I'll be in, at the moment it would seem, late on Wednesday and there for most the duration...

And, yes, it's in Fredricksburg again this year.  Like the venue, actually, despite some concerns expressed by others.  The straight shot from the Richmond Airport to the site beats the pants off the trip from Valley Forge to the Philadelphia Airport.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806